Game 3, Northern Iowa, Nov 16th, 4 PM, NO TV

psyclone

Hall of Famer
As good as I felt about how we looked, we really didn't have many assists. Made the assist/turnover ratio not very favorable. Does that mean we're playing too much one-on-one?

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I thought Mason's shot selection was good. I only remember a couple of times where they rushed their shots. This is a result of good passing and patience. The team never seemed to go into panic mode, even when UNI caught. They just patiently played their game, went back on top, and nailed win.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
As good as I felt about how we looked, we really didn't have many assists. Made the assist/turnover ratio not very favorable. Does that mean we're playing too much one-on-one?

Assists are a little bit of a judgment call and with a team that likes to slash and get to the basket like this one, they probably won't get credited with a lot of assists.

KAOriginal

All-American
Was away from the game after about 3 minutes in.

Highly surprised we pulled it out w/out 3 regular starters.

Liked what I have heard and read....what I have been waiting to see under the Hewitt regime....

GreenTeam06

Three-star Recruit
I had this pegged as a loss before the season began and was definitely worried knowing three starters were out but the guys that have filled in have done so admirably and these injuries and suspensions are establishing depth that we definitely need when we head towards A-10 conference play.

Was not able to be at the game but periodically checked the score and it seemed that every time UNI cut it close, we had an answer. Shows signs of greater maturity and team play that hopefully continue.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Have to love what they showed us yesterday. Our ball movement on offense is great, defense was tight, we didn't leave shooters open and we didn't over-rotate like we did in the first game. That we were down three key players makes it even sweeter. A few other notes:

- Sherrod's defense is really bad. His man constantly blows by him into the paint. Happened at least four times yesterday.
- Holloway fights through screens better than any of our other guards. Coming into the season I thought he might be a defensive liability but that's not the case so far.
- Marquise Moore's coast-to-coast take was the first of its kind in these parts since the days of Cam Long. He took it around three guys and finished strong in traffic. No way Bryon or Sherrod do that without something tragic happening.
- UNI tried to zone us for exactly one possession. Marko hit a jumper from the elbow (soft spot in a 2-3) and they never tried it again. Marko's shooting ability is a great zone-buster.

3-0! I was a little down after the game against American but the intensity + focus we've seen in the last two games has been great.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Is Wrights groin 100%? I noticed his poor defense, but also noticed he lacked the usual spring in his jumper.

Petey Buckets

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
He's never been great on defense, but I don't remember him looking this bad before. Haven't heard anything about the injury but that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If we beat St. Francis (PA) and go on the road and get a win at IONA starting off 5-0 start with all the suspensions, injuries etc...........Then we'll know we have something special here in Fairfax this year.

As the season goes on, I think the win against UNI will prove to be a high quality win.

VAMOS MASON!!!

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Why such a terrible crowd for this game? 4,300 show up for a late-afternoon game on a Saturday against a pretty decent opponent, kinda sad. I guess we'll have to be 15-0 to get big crowds in the Patriot Center. Glad to see the students came out again, though.

Scythe

Starter
Why such a terrible crowd for this game? 4,300 show up for a late-afternoon game on a Saturday against a pretty decent opponent, kinda sad. I guess we'll have to be 15-0 to get big crowds in the Patriot Center. Glad to see the students came out again, though.

I wish I could've made it...family stuff got in the way :/