Game 3, Northern Iowa, Nov 16th, 4 PM, NO TV

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Mason is their own ISP, and they have fantastic data rates, once you get outside of the way they load balance to accommodate thousands of students. I doubt uploading the video stream to the Internet is the problem.

What you seem to be overlooking is that they can't just plug a TV camera into the Internet. There are a lot of other things that have to happen in between to process and convert the signal(s). As I understand it, they need better A/V transmission and processing equipment inside the Patriot Center itself, and maybe better cameras, as well. I thought some of that work was done when they replaced the scoreboard, but apparently not everything.

F

Flexxar

Spectator
Mason is their own ISP, and they have fantastic data rates, once you get outside of the way they load balance to accommodate thousands of students. I doubt uploading the video stream to the Internet is the problem.

What you seem to be overlooking is that they can't just plug a TV camera into the Internet. There are a lot of other things that have to happen in between to process and convert the signal(s). As I understand it, they need better A/V transmission and processing equipment inside the Patriot Center itself, and maybe better cameras, as well. I thought some of that work was done when they replaced the scoreboard, but apparently not everything.

I can stream HD video out of my house with a $50 web cam hooked to my computer. It doesn't take much money for something decent.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I wonder why we are already announcing Allen is out. I wouldn't give UNI that info until the teams come out for warm ups. This isn't the NFL where teams have to disclose injuries.

MasonCrew

Starter
I'm having a bad feeling about this game. I actually had a dream last night that we lost in double OT. Haha I've never had a dream about mason basketball before.

Hoping VG and PH dominate.

polepino

Starter
Not able to make it out to FFX today. However, I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble with the PatriotVision/A10 All-Access digital feed? It's a f'n pain in the a**. I login to patriot vision on gomason.com and then it says I don't have any packages, which I did buy from the A-10 site a few weeks ago. Instead I have to login through the A10 website which totally defeats the purpose of logging in to the patriot vision site. What gives?!

KAOriginal

All-American
Not able to make it out to FFX today. However, I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble with the PatriotVision/A10 All-Access digital feed? It's a f'n pain in the a**. I login to patriot vision on gomason.com and then it says I don't have any packages, which I did buy from the A-10 site a few weeks ago. Instead I have to login through the A10 website which totally defeats the purpose of logging in to the patriot vision site. What gives?!

And thus why I listen to the audio feed on WGMU's website.

Until Mason gets their sh*t together with the multimedia (since I live out of the area) Ill stick with Bill Rohland, no video and use the money for chips and better beer for game night.

birdshlong

Walk-On
Let me know if anyone can actually watch the game via video. Then I wll sign up. if you tell us how to do so.

Sucks for the people having trouble.

KAOriginal

All-American
Patriot Vision is actually part of the MBA program under a course titled..."MODERN MARKETING 506-SUCKERS ARE BORN EVERYDAY."

Also available to the new Sports Mgmt students.....

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
And thus why I listen to the audio feed on WGMU's website.

Until Mason gets their sh*t together with the multimedia (since I live out of the area) Ill stick with Bill Rohland, no video and use the money for chips and better beer for game night.
Agreed. Sad, but has to proven to me that it works before I spend.

Bricker

Starter
What is going on with the WGMU feed? Sounds like someone is DJing between commercials and game highlights... or is that just me?