Game 3: GMU (1-1) vs American (0-1) on Sunday, November 13, at 4 PM.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I'd say my #1 complaint from last season was the lack of depth, and so I'm fine giving coach the leash to let people earn minutes off the bench against a bad team. End of the day the starters did what they needed to do and we got to tune our rotations a little more. Better to be down at the half and win big than be up big at the half and barely squeak by. We've had enough of the latter the last decade or so (when we could bother to win at all).

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Buncha whiners on this thread. First half sucked but KE gave the bench way too much leash and we saw a bunch of goofy lineups, including saquan, who punted maybe the only three possessions he was allowed to play. Ronnie is winning the PG spot decisively. Tightened up the rotations in the second half and smashed. Never in doubt. Coop's defense pisses me off most of the time but he showed in the second half why you can't keep him off the court. VBJ is the real thing and Josh had some beautiful passes tonight.

Join us on the Twitter spaces at 8 while Elon still lets us!
Agreed.

Your getting booted from Twitter ?

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'd say my #1 complaint from last season was the lack of depth, and so I'm fine giving coach the leash to let people earn minutes off the bench against a bad team. End of the day the starters did what they needed to do and we got to tune our rotations a little more. Better to be down at the half and win big than be up big at the half and barely squeak by. We've had enough of the latter the last decade or so (when we could bother to win at all).
Yep, we have blown lots of leads over the years.

BBride

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Weekend photo galleries up on my site. Check the MasonNation Network section here on the site. Enjoy. I'd love to go to Paradise Jam but I guess my invite from the Athletic Department got lost :)
Polite.jpg
Dinkins.jpg

VBJ.jpg

Team.jpg

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Too many turnovers vs a shitty team in 1st half. We need to get efficient and if the free play has to get scaled back, so be it.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I’m impressed with Polite. The biggest question mark heading into the season was PG, and right now he is playing well.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I’m impressed with Polite. The biggest question mark heading into the season was PG, and right now he is playing well.
Me too! I was skeptical coming into this season but Polite has been pretty solid. I thought Josh hesitated a couple of times yesterday when he was played straight up but he did make some nice passes and made buckets when we needed.

I'm a bit surprised that Hernandez isn't putting the ball on the floor. Had the impression from the his HS videos that he would have no problem getting to the hoop, but all of his shots have come from distance. Does seem effective from deep so that's encouraging. And it's still so very early in the season that it's almost not worth even mentioning.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm a bit surprised that Hernandez isn't putting the ball on the floor. Had the impression from the his HS videos that he would have no problem getting to the hoop, but all of his shots have come from distance. Does seem effective from deep so that's encouraging. And it's still so very early in the season that it's almost not worth even mentioning.
Hernandez isn't all that. Kinda like a Peterson. Will be shocked if he makes an appearance at any of our games going forward.

ephoops

Starter
American's SoS is one of the worst in D-1 (356 out of 363 teams). Mason is the best team they have played.

They likely finish 2nd in the Patriot League behind Colgate.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Mike Brennan (AU's coach) does not have a contract past this season. AU chose not to give him an extension after last year. Surprised Feinstein didn't mention that. Makes it really difficult to recruit. Although, I guess everything is different with the way the portal is.
While everyone at AU is thrilled with their season, what they do with Brennan after this season is up in the air. AU doesnt have a ton of $ to buy him out, which is why they didnt extend him. And everyone likes him as a person, but there are many that think its time for a change. Even if they win the Patriot League tournament, I doubt he gets considered for bigger jobs. He's not going to retire. So the ball will be in AU's court to give him a new contract or let him walk. Letting him walk, after beating Georgetown, GW and being near the top of the PL all in one season, sends a bad message to other coaches who would considering coming to AU.