Game 3: GMU (1-1) vs American (0-1) on Sunday, November 13, at 4 PM.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Thank you @jessej for the suggestion/asking that I add KenPom rankings to each thread. NET rankings for this season are not out yet but may be added later. Please note that KenPom rankings change seemingly every minute, pretty much with the completion of every NCAA game. Numbers below reflect rankings at the time of the posting.

KenPom: Gives GMU a 92% chance of winning.
GMU - 105
American - 300

American is 0-1 on the young season losing to Marist 73-69. They were picked to finish 7th in the 10 team Patriot League. No Eagles were chosen for any preseason honors.

Starters against Marist were: 6’2” Colin Smalls (12 points), 6’9” Matt Rogers (12 points & 6 reb), 6”9” Johnny O’Neil (8 points & 6 reb), 5’9” Elijah Stephens (7 points), and 6’6” Jaxon Knotex (6 points & 5 reb). Three Eagles played double figure minutes off the bench. 6’0” Geoff Sprouse played 24 minutes and led the Eagles in scoring with 14 points. 7’0” Jermaine Ballisager Webb (8 points) and 6’4” Lorenzo Donadio (2 points) rounded out the bench scoring for American.

Mason is 33 - 11 all-time against American. We played them last year on December 21 and won 67-44.

Schedule: https://aueagles.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule
Roster: https://aueagles.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster

American was 10-22 (5-13) last year. They had a 4-16 road record. During the 2021-2022 season the Eagles averaged 63.5 points per contest while giving up 70.9. They shot 45.0% from the floor and 33.1% from 3. Opponents shot 47.3% from the floor and 34.7% from 3. They shot 69.4% from the charity stripe, were out rebounded by 2.4 boards per game, and averaged 12.2 turnovers per contest.

The game is on ESPN+.

My prediction: I originally had this down as a 20+ point win. I’m adjusting my expectations and say GMU 75 - American 64. Gaining confidence after a decent showing against Longwood, but not there yet.

Discuss.

Attachments

• coopvsAU.jpg
    coopvsAU.jpg
    1,014.4 KB · Views: 6,100
Last edited by a moderator:

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
i believe the KenPom starting points were 102 for Us and 295 for American

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Why is this a 4pm tip?
Its not like AU needs time to get here or get home. Heck, it might take them less time to get to EBA than it will me

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I've never been a fan of Sunday games in general because of the competition with NFL football. We have a hard enough time dragging people into seats due to all the other distractions the DC area provides. The good thing about tomorrow is that the Commanders play Monday night. If I recall correctly we had 5 Sunday games last year. This year just two at home.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't have anything meaningful to add about the game, but if anyone can get their hands on one of the student giveaways for tomorrow there's a USPS medium flatrate box full of Hawaiian junk food with your name on it:

1668276568551.png

I'm a large. Need a Mason shirt I can wear to work and this is perfect.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I don't have anything meaningful to add about the game, but if anyone can get their hands on one of the student giveaways for tomorrow there's a USPS medium flatrate box full of Hawaiian junk food with your name on it:

View attachment 1535

I'm a large. Need a Mason shirt I can wear to work and this is perfect.
I have got to get one of those!!!!!

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Instagram says it's limited to the first 500 students, so it might actually be hard to get one. If anyone here could pull some strings the Mason Basketball Fan Club Hawaiian Auxillary would appreciate it.
I'm thinking I might need to offer up some cash to a starving student.