Game 25: Fordham University, Wednesday, February 18, 7 PM, NO TV

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I wish that there were an official stat for drawing charges. I don't recall anyone at Mason who was better at this than Corey.

Corey is the king at drawing charges.

I do remember Raoul Heinen being able to draw the charge a good amount as well.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Couple observations:

Kreider, Marquise, Shevon, Jalen, Pat, Trey, Isiah still high-fived kids waiting for them coming off the floor. The rest were over it including Hewitt who was the first one off the floor.

I could take those six and build a team around them with a new coach (the rest can transfer for all I care -- yes, I'd like to see what Mayimba, Lockett and Gilbert bring to the table, but these six obviously care -- also with Marquise, Jalen, Trey, and Isaiah you might have something cooking in a new coaches second season).

DeepValue

Starter
He had an animated discussion with Hewitt about something during a timeout on Saturday. That was nice to see.
It looked like they were explaining to each other what the players should have done on a play that broke down. They were both making "they zigged when they should have zagged" type gestures.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Last night's loss officially gives Hewitt a losing conference record of 30-31 as head coach at Mason.

At 64-60, he is also in striking distance of an overall losing record.

Way to go Paul, really turned that program around!!!

Herndon

All-Conference
Corey is the king at drawing charges.

I do remember Raoul Heinen being able to draw the charge a good amount as well.

haha, Raoul Heinen. Maaan, that's a name I haven't heard in a while. I always thought he was going to be better than he was. Him and Jesse.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Another trip down memory lane - see http://defiantlydutch.blogspot.com/2010/01/mom-always-said-it-was-foolish-to-hate.html:

“'That’s Mason,” Tom Pecora said afterward. 'Their reputation precedes them.'

Just wanted to quote Pablo's post from earlier in the thread for anyone who might have missed it. The link is an oldie but a goodie.

It's further proof of how far our program has fallen in just four short years -- from hated CAA bullies to Tom Pecora's whipping boy.

We suck so bad, even that obsessed Defiantly Dutch guy can't do anything but pity us now.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd love for our performance on the court to once again suggest that we're a "win at all costs" program. That would be splendid.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Check that, I used wikipedia as the source and shame on me & mea culpa.

Looked at the records on ESPN.com and our overall record under Paulzo the Coach is 65-62 (& that includes the DII Catawba gimme win). Our conference record is 31-34, we officially passed the .500 mark a couple games back.

For me, that's the best argument I've heard yet for letting him finish out. If he's fired before March 1st, he'll be right at .500 even if he loses out, and above it if he squeaks by St. Louis. It'll be a (barely) winning record thanks to the team Larranaga left behind. Make him finish it out and brand him with that losing record for life.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
B-Sens!

This was the most booing I've heard at our games since the Westhead years. The funny thing about only have a few folks there is that you can hear all the comments being yelled at the court. Best line of the night: "Fordham uses Internet Explorer!"

Went to the B-Sens game tonight. Big win over a Hershey Bears squad that had not lost in 13 games! I realize most of you don't care about the B-Sens, but I imagine there are plenty of suffering GMU fans taking refuge as a fan of another team.

It is February after all. Not much going on. My NBA team (Knicks) is actually worse than my college team - though I imagine quite a few of you guys root for the Wiz. Nothing wrong with that. You've at least got the NBA playoffs to look forward to.

In the era of the Paul Hewitt coached Patriots, I'm relegated to rooting for the B-Sens to make a final and courageous push towards the AHL playoffs!

nynva

Preferred Walk-On
Went to the B-Sens game tonight. Big win over a Hershey Bears squad that had not lost in 13 games! I realize most of you don't care about the B-Sens, but I imagine there are plenty of suffering GMU fans taking refuge as a fan of another team.

It is February after all. Not much going on. My NBA team (Knicks) is actually worse than my college team - though I imagine quite a few of you guys root for the Wiz. Nothing wrong with that. You've at least got the NBA playoffs to look forward to.

In the era of the Paul Hewitt coached Patriots, I'm relegated to rooting for the B-Sens to make a final and courageous push towards the AHL playoffs!
Did you see who is currently playing for the D league of your favorite team?

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I heard. Sherrod Wright! I believe it was posted in the Where are they now? thread.

Last edited: