Game 23: AT Davidson, Wednesday, February 11th, 7 PM, NO TV

vcu is shooting 30%. Only way they even hang is refs have only called 14 fouls on 'em through 2 OTS.

W/out Weber and Graham they are middle of the pack team.

Still beat us, obviously.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
This kid Price from Lasalle is an amazing player. Leading man in this game for them in assists, points and rebounds. WOW!

No kidding, Chank. Dude is a beast. And once again, I'm happier that vcu lost than I'm upset over our loss.

Not a banner night for the A10 with vcu, GW and Rhode Island all losing. Biggest surprise is GW getting smoked by Duquesne.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
To the vcu fans who mocked me by name on their stupid board for suggesting that they have an average team without Graham and Weber -- 3 losses in last 4 games, and the lone win was a 5-point game with 2 minutes left against the worst team in the A-10 (us).

Seems like I was being a little generous. They're clearly not even average at this point.

Last edited:

Pablo

Hall of Famer
In addition, Hewitt used one timeout in each half last night, if that isn't phoning it in....

I don't know about "phoning it in", but I've never seen a more frustrated Mason coaching staff & players than last night. Even Paul Westhead appeared to believe in his system until the very end at Mason. I just feel badly for Corey to see his career end this way.

At this point, why not rest Marquise until his ankle if fully healed?

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't know about "phoning it in", but I've never seen a more frustrated Mason coaching staff & players than last night. Even Paul Westhead appeared to believe in his system until the very end at Mason. I just feel badly for Corey to see his career end this way.

Westhead still believes in his system. He'll never concede that it won't work if run properly.

Hopefully, though, it's finally starting to dawn on Hewitt that he royally sucks.

mason2k1

Starter
To the vcu fans who mocked me by name on their stupid board for suggesting that they have an average team without Graham and Weber -- 3 losses in last 4 games, and the lone win was a 5-point game with 2 minutes left against the worst team in the A-10 (us).

Seems like I was being a little generous. They're clearly not even average at this point.
#gimmick

Well, half are delusional. They could still win the tourney without those two guys, but they could also be a first round casualty. I like their young players, generally, but they aren't battle tested enough to keep them atop the standings.

Four teams tied for first now with Davidson and GW a game back. Should be a crazy stretch run...getting in the top 4 is huge.

Meanwhile, we suck.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Glad for Davidson's success. Some people blamed our conf change to the poor product on the floor. One less excuse for Blewitt to stand on.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Honest question here.

If you took that team last night and had it play 5 games against any Larranaga squad after year 1, would it win more than twice?