Game 22: GMU (15-6 / 4-4) at UMass (13-7 / 4-4) on Saturday, February 3, at Noon.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
He shouldn’t play the next game. Situational awareness matters. Accountability matters.
Wrong. One would hope he'll learn from this. I don't pick fights on a message board, it's not my MO. That being said, you only seem to appear after losses and rarely have anything of value to add to any conversation. Perhaps your energies would be better spent elsewhere.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
Growing pains man. We will look back on this moment in 3-4 years when Tony gets GMU to the NCAA tournament and have an uncomfortable chuckle about how dumb this moment was.

It's GMU's butt fumble.

EDIT because my fingers were going too fast.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Growing paints man. We will look back on this moment in 3-4 years when Tony gets GMU to the NCAA tournament and have an uncomfortable chuckle about how dumb this moment was.

It's GMU's butt fumble.
I hope you are right, but it's very frustrating to see games we give away because of different reasons - turnovers, stupid fouls, can't make a 3... etc

This is IMO the third game we should have won but we shot ourselves in the foot

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This team has maybe 4/5 players. Just not enough talent to compete in the A10. Clear the bench for the rest of the season and see who stays. Very sad, but nothing has changed with this team. Same BS over and over again. Its ground hog day for this team.

BS. There is one game we were just not in and that was @GW. This team could easily be 8-1 at this point and in the at-large conversation.

It’s not a lack of talent that Hall fouls someone with 0.2 seconds on the clock for no reason. It’s not a lack of talent that Okojie slips on an open path to tie the game against vcu.

I will say Skinn seems to be falling into the same trap that English fell into in his first season not trusting his bench enough.

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I’m just here for the hot takes like mason is bottom 4, hall should never play again, and this is the worst loss in the history of losses. /s
Well tbh, this loss is going to make the rounds on TV.

And bottom 4 isn't really a hot take IMO. We lose alot of the tiebreaker with teams ahead of us and behind us. Are we going to be in the PIG? No, but a 7 or 8 seed is looking increasingly possible, which is very disappointing

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This team has maybe 4/5 players. Just not enough talent to compete in the A10. Clear the bench for the rest of the season and see who stays. Very sad, but nothing has changed with this team. Same BS over and over again. Its ground hog day for this

L
I’m just here for the hot takes like mason is bottom 4, hall should never play again, and this is the worst loss in the history of losses. /s
First 2 hot takes are absurd. I'm sitting here still pondering the third - I think OT would have been over by now. OT losses tough to take, this one a bit more difficult.

phoenix-arizona

All-American
streaking will ferrell GIF

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Still a lot of games left. Top 4 is likely not going to happen. PIG isn’t our fate either.

Go Patriots!

We could easily finish 10th. Don’t think we can’t lose to GW and URI and finish something like 9-9 or 8-10 and 10th or 11th. The way this team has been playing they’re throwing away games. Not sure if they can turn that around but the current trajectory is we are going to lose more games we should have won.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Hall's lack of awareness was inexcusable and a dagger to the heart. He obviously lost track of the score in the heat of the moment. That can't happen. But he is not the reason we lost this game. Aside from there being no guarantee we would have won shorthanded in overtime, Hall was our leading scorer with 23 points. We wouldn't have been in this game if it weren't for him.

We also gave up 18 offensive rebounds, and our starting center only scored 3 points because he hasn't learned to play without fouling. Of course everybody will remember Hall's terrible brain fart at the end, but this game shouldn't have come down to that. UMASS gave us every opportunity to win that game (17 turnovers, 7 missed FTs), and we collectively found a way to give this game away.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Hall's lack of awareness was inexcusable and a dagger to the heart. He obviously lost track of the score in the heat of the moment. That can't happen. But he is not the reason we lost this game. Aside from there being no guarantee we would have won shorthanded in overtime, Hall was our leading scorer with 23 points. We wouldn't have been in this game if it weren't for him.

We also gave up 18 offensive rebounds, and our starting center only scored 3 points because he hasn't learned to play without fouling. Of course everybody will remember Hall's terrible brain fart at the end, but this game shouldn't have come down to that. UMASS gave us every opportunity to win that game (17 turnovers, 7 missed FTs), and we collectively found a way to give this game away.
Kelly has played a lot of college basketball. I don't get it...

GMUYoda

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

All true, but let's not also forget Kelly deciding it was a great time to pick up his 5th foul with nearly 8 minutes left