Game 22: GMU (13-8 / 8-6) vs Davidson (12-7 / 7-4) on Friday, March 5, at 5:30PM.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
A tale of 2 programs:

Ryan Kish

@gmuhoops

·
1h

Thanks

Quote Tweet

Uc4DzfMt_normal.jpg

John O'Connor

@RTDjohnoconnor
· 1h

Surprised that Davidson is up 17 at half in A-10 quarterfinals over George Mason? GMU joined the A-10 in 2013 and is looking for its first appearance in the league tournament semifinals. Davidson joined in 2014, and has advanced to the semifinals, or beyond, each year.

hoops10

Sixth Man
What really ticked me off is watching Davidson running up the score with 5 minutes left and watching Paulson congratulating their coach at games end. Sorry if it were me I would have given McKillop some choice words. There was no need for that. Sorry but the end of the season could'nt end any worse.
Time to go find a coach with some fire, not for me but for the players.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
What really ticked me off is watching Davidson running up the score with 5 minutes left and watching Paulson congratulating their coach at games end. Sorry if it were me I would have given McKillop some choice words. There was no need for that. Sorry but the end of the season could'nt end any worse.
Time to go find a coach with some fire, not for me but for the players.
If you don’t want them to score, then stop them.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
If you don’t want them to score, then stop them.

Interestingly, Coach Paulsen put AJ Wilson back in with 1 minute remaining in the game. And, AJ was credited with a blocked shot at 00:37 that set a new Mason career record.

By George.

Starter
Interestingly, Coach Paulsen put AJ Wilson back in with 1 minute remaining in the game. And, AJ was credited with a blocked shot at 00:37 that set a new Mason career record.

This was pretty awkward, AJ was taken out and his family and others around them were yelling at the staff to put him back in. Then the woman from McKay Chevrolet started yelling to get him back in and sure enough the staff sent him back in. You could hear a pin drop in there. I’ve watched a lot of live basketball, never seen that. AJ was crying, had already been consoled by the staff, and then sent back in. DP was coaching for an extension tonight...

FreeGunston12

All-American
Even more interesting is that it was actually scored a block. Plus I still am not convinced he got two blocks against GW. Is he the block king? Sure. Was it perhaps manufactured a little bit? I couldn't say.

Still, he did it with a shortened season due to COVID. You got to give him credit for that.

Last edited:
OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
"Davidson played exceptionally well," head coach Dave Paulsen said. "It's a disappointing way to end because I think this group was the most resilient group I've coached. To win five in a row at the end of the year and become a good defensive team and a close team was something special. So this leaves a bad taste in our mouth in what was a remarkable last month with our group and remarkable effort by these guys to follow all the protocols and be able to play. It's a hard way to end what was a good, growth-filled season."

Excuse me while I vomit in m mouth.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
"Davidson played exceptionally well," head coach Dave Paulsen said. "It's a disappointing way to end because I think this group was the most resilient group I've coached. To win five in a row at the end of the year and become a good defensive team and a close team was something special. So this leaves a bad taste in our mouth in what was a remarkable last month with our group and remarkable effort by these guys to follow all the protocols and be able to play. It's a hard way to end what was a good, growth-filled season."

He should have stopped after “Davidson played exceptionally well,” which is true. The rest of it is lipstick on the nastiest-looking pig in the trough. Save your breath, Dave.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
This was pretty awkward, AJ was taken out and his family and others around them were yelling at the staff to put him back in. Then the woman from McKay Chevrolet started yelling to get him back in and sure enough the staff sent him back in. You could hear a pin drop in there. I’ve watched a lot of live basketball, never seen that. AJ was crying, had already been consoled by the staff, and then sent back in. DP was coaching for an extension tonight...

So Kathy McKay is actually coaching the team? That explains A LOT.

KAOriginal

All-American

Other than vcu, your remarkable "last month" was beating up the other bad teams to avoid the PIG and actually losing to the team that finished just behind you.

Time to go back to DIII Mr. Paulsen.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

every group is always the best group, the best practice team blah blah.

Pablo

Hall of Famer

So, are you saying that Kathy McKay could influence whether Paulsen gets an extension?

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Other than vcu, your remarkable "last month" was beating up the other bad teams to avoid the PIG and actually losing to the team that finished just behind you.

Time to go back to DIII Mr. Paulsen.

If terminated, I expect Paulsen to get another D-I job as either a head coach at a lower level conference, or an assistant at a power conference school.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
At the half vcu 24-17. Lotta bricks laid in this one. Davidson shooting only 17% from the field. Better defense for sure, but they're missing some wide open 3s as well. Regression to the mean? Grady 0-4, Lee 1-2 from 3.