Game 21: GMU at Richmond on Monday, February 7 at 7PM. Game 22: GMU (11-10 / 4-4) vs Richmond (16-8 / 7-4) on Wednesday, February 9 at 7PM.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It’s weird. I don’t remember the last time Mason beat vcu in Fairfax, but they’ve won 3 of the last 4 in Richmond…
Good point and such a weird fact. I have to think the last time we beat them in Fairfax was 2016 where myself @sleeperpick and @tblack33 nearly wanted to fight the skinny hipster vcu fan in our section. Haha.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Good point and such a weird fact. I have to think the last time we beat them in Fairfax was 2016 where myself @sleeperpick and @tblack33 nearly wanted to fight the skinny hipster vcu fan in our section. Haha.
The worst ever was the St Joe's game of two-three years ago... At least the closest I have been to actually throwing hands... That vcu hipster didn't like our microaggressions and played the racist card for yelling that Johnny Williams couldn't read. It is not our fault he couldn't and probably still can't. Most of the time we are getting into fights in the stadium is with the really old Mason fans that don't like to have any fun. "No Gladys I will not sit down with 2 mins left in a one score game". I have heard that has changed quite a bit in 115 and I look forward to it.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
You lost me at skinny and vcu fan... I didn't know that was possible... and as a former fat person I can say that (and if I don't stop eating soon I might be back).

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
You lost me at skinny and vcu fan... I didn't know that was possible... and as a former fat person I can say that (and if I don't stop eating soon I might be back).

The skinny ones are still finishing their undergraduate degrees in Big Mac Assembly or Elementary Art Supply Room Management. The fat ones are the regular Richmond denizens who "fill" the seats most games.

Similar dichotomy at Richmond...you can tell the Richmond students by the fact that they aren't old enough to attend games. By the looks of it the minimum age to get into a Spiders game is 55. Gotta show your AARP card.

NewPatriot

Starter
XJ is a really good PG with an innate feel for the game.

His future is bright.

But he's also a sophomore and he is still learning to let game come to him at the college level.

He will get better with the turnovers as learns to read defense and get better at making decisions with the ball in bis hands

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Can someone remind me which of our regulars here is NOT aware of XJ's shortcomings? Bueller? Bueller???

I mean, Holy F-Balls, the guy played 44 min. last night and had 17 points on 55% shooting (60% on 3s), 9 assists to just 2 turnovers as the primary ball-handler, and a steal in a thrilling OT win against a Senior dominated team.

If your first inclination after that is to come here and post, "bUt diD yOO sHe hiSh mIshtAke on thAt wuN pLay?" kindly F right off. Quit worrying about his game and focus on being a better fan as you are currently at the Patrick Holloway level of posters and you should aspire to getting on an XJ level.

Last edited:

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Can someone remind me which of our regulars here is NOT aware of XJ's shortcomings? Bueller? Bueller???

I mean, Holy F-Balls, the guy played 44 min. last night and had 17 points on 55% shooting (60% on 3s), 9 assists to just 2 turnovers as the primary ball-handler, and a steal in a thrilling OT win against a Senior dominated team. If your first inclination after that is to come here and post, "bUt diD yOO she hiSh mIshtAke on thAt wuN pLay?" kindly F right off. Quit worrying about his game and focus on being a better fan as you are currently at the Patrick Holloway level of posters and you should aspire to getting on an XJ level.
The kid played amazing last night. I could careless he bounced it off his foot twice and lost the ball. If he plays like that offensively and defensively he has a ton more leeway with me before I could even think of bitching. He was clearly player of the game. He’s also our second best rebounder to Ticket and has been most of the year

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
XJ is a really good PG with an innate feel for the game.

His future is bright.

But he's also a sophomore and he is still learning to let game come to him at the college level.

He will get better with the turnovers as learns to read defense and get better at making decisions with the ball in bis hands
Agreed, but for clarification this is XJs 3rd year of college, we are past the "let the game come to him" stage. He had a great game last night, and I hope he continues to play like that, because we absolutely need it.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Oh hey, fun fact D-Bags, XJ's 4.8 Assists Per Game is the highest for any Mason player in 18 years.

YearPlayerAPG
21-22Xavier Johnson4.8
20-21Tyler Kolek2.3
19-20Javon Greene2.6
18-19Otis Livingston4
17-18Otis Livingston4.4
16-17Marquise Moore3.5
15-16Otis Livingston3.6
14-15Marquise Moore3.1
13-14Bryon Allen3
12-13Bryon Allen4
11-12Bryon Allen3.7
10-11Luke Hancock4.3
09-10Cam Long3.1
08-09Cam Long3.2
07-08Folarin Campbell3.3
06-07Folarin Campbell3.8
05-06Folarin Campbell3.4
04-05Gabe Norwood2.6
03-04Terry Reynolds5.1

YearPlayerAPG
03-04Terry Reynolds5.1
21-22Xavier Johnson4.8
17-18Otis Livingston4.4
10-11Luke Hancock4.3
18-19Otis Livingston4
12-13Bryon Allen4
06-07Folarin Campbell3.8
11-12Bryon Allen3.7
15-16Otis Livingston3.6
16-17Marquise Moore3.5
05-06Folarin Campbell3.4
07-08Folarin Campbell3.3
08-09Cam Long3.2
14-15Marquise Moore3.1
09-10Cam Long3.1
13-14Bryon Allen3
19-20Javon Greene2.6
04-05Gabe Norwood2.6
20-21Tyler Kolek2.3

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Oh hey, other fun fact whiney bitches, that 4.8 APG is over the entire season.

You know what his APG was the first 10 games? 3.0, still more than Tyler Kolek last year.

Know what it's been the last 12 games? 5.25

5.25 assists per game would currently rank 4th in the A10, just behind Richmond's Jacob Gilyard and ahead of St. Bonnie's Kyle Lofton. It would rank 22nd in entire MF'n NCAA this season.

You know where a 5.25 would rank all-time for George Mason? Me either. So F You. Go look it up yourself.

Last edited:

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
OK, fine, I did look it up so go Eat a D.

XJ currently tied for 8th all-time in program history for Assists Per Game average and trending upward. So go clutch your pearls about that.

And by pearls, I mean your pearl necklace. And by pearl necklace, you know exactly what I mean.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
OK, fine, I did look it up so go Eat a D.

XJ currently tied for 8th all-time in program history for Assists Per Game average and trending upward. So go clutch your pearls about that.

And by pearls, I mean your pearl necklace. And by pearl necklace, you know exactly what I mean.

Jesus Christ who is Curtis McCants and does he have a kid who is college aged now?

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Jesus Christ who is Curtis McCants and does he have a kid who is college aged now?

It was pronounced Cuuuuurtis MaaahCaaaantssss. And he was part of a little failed experiment called Paul Ball back in the day, but a darn fine player himself.

Used to be a regular at the Patriot Center during the early Larranaga years.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Can someone tell me what the call was at the end of the game, where the buzzer went off, seemingly ending the game, but, the middle school refs gave Richmond another chance with 0.7 seconds put back on the clock. I thought we had possession of the ball at that moment. They were given the ball. If it had been a foul on us, then they would have been shooting free throws. I guess the only thing that makes sense (in the refs minds) is that they called a tie up and Richmond was next for possession. Is that what happened.