Game 2: GMU (0-1) vs Longwood (0-1) on Friday, November 11, at 7 PM.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Was there an issue between the coaches in the handshake line?
Yea, he was pissed Bailey took the shot. Was all sour in the handshake line and then KE came came over to him and slapped him on his butt to say something like "let it go". And that pissed him off even more it looked like.

Then something happened in the opposite corner and more words were exchanged.

Longwood's coach was being a sour puss about it and wouldn't let it go. Kim tried to defuse the situation but he didn't seem to have it... then the more words exchanged in the corner afterwards.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Anyone hear how Houston fared from his fall after the blocked shot? He didn’t look good walking off the court.

BBride

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
1668229493969.png

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If had to guess, it was because of our mop guy on the home basket side. He was utterly worthless. Several of the longwood players slipped and fell because he had not mopped. He didn’t mop at all for the first 10 minutes of the game. Then, people had to tell him to go out and he showed zero hustle. Walked around like a sloth. Refs even had to speak to him about it. He was an embarrassment to our ability to host a basketball game.
It used to be the baseball/tennis partial scholarship kids when I was in school. But that would be super soft if that was the reason lol. I’m almost sure it wasn’t

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Let's tell it like it really is -- we had NO business taking a shot at the end of the game and if that had happened to us if we had been in Longwood's position, we would be royally pissed, too. That kind of stuff can't happen.
I am not that upset about it - there was time on the clock and they were still playing. And we were at home and it got the fans riled up. If we were playing at Longwood I could see your point.

However, we are going to face tougher competition coming up - we should be playing until the final buzzer to score. I would rather have a killer instinct in all the players instead of being soft or "nice".

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Ronald so far:
27.5 minutes per game
7.5 ppg
6-13 (46.2 %) shooting 2-4 (50% from 3)
1-3 for 33.3% from the charity stripe
3.5 reb per contest
3.5 assists per game
1.5 turnovers per game
2 total steals

Saquan so far:
16.0 minutes per game
3.5 ppg
2-3 (66.7 %) shooting 0-0 from 3
3-6 for 50% from the charity stripe
2.0 reb per contest
2.0 assists per game
2.5 turnovers per game
1 steal

Last edited:

BBride

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I think Polite has been good thru 2 games and has definitely taken over the starting PG role thus far. Polite>Singleton, hope he keeps it up.
Been very impressed with him in the couple practices I've seen him plus last night. Foul trouble in the 2nd half but he played smart throughout. In addition to five points, he had 3 assists, a steal and a block.

1668262748878.png

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I am not that upset about it - there was time on the clock and they were still playing. And we were at home and it got the fans riled up. If we were playing at Longwood I could see your point.

However, we are going to face tougher competition coming up - we should be playing until the final buzzer to score. I would rather have a killer instinct in all the players instead of being soft or "nice".

I got pulled away from the game at the 38 second mark so I missed the last 3. If it was take a shot clock violation kind of shot I can see why Bailey took it (although up 11 with less than 5 seconds left it’s the sporting thing to do to just take the violation).

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
There was a .2 differential in the shot clock and the game clock. With around 15 seconds left, the ref turned to the scorers table and gestured is if to say 'turn the shot clock off'. At least that is how I interpreted it. That didn't happen.

KE had the players spread the floor. They weren't running a play. Unfortunately, the shot went up and it went in. There didnt seem to be intent to disrespect Longwood. If there was intent, we would've run a play.