Game 19: GMU (10-8 / 6-6) vs GW (4-9 /3-3) on Wednesday, February 24, at 6PM.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Because we enjoy winning? Keep hating on the A10 player of the week. Keep taking shots at us on twitter as if you’re anyone. You got anymore freezing cold takes for these boards?

Who else would rather beat GW than lose to them?
We both got into the top Twitter accounts bracket though.
Which bygeorge guy is speaking now?
Get more than 30 listeners on a podcast because my ASMR videos of eating chicken wings have more viewers #fatboy

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We both got into the top Twitter accounts bracket though.
Which bygeorge guy is speaking now?
Get more than 30 listeners on a podcast because my ASMR videos of eating chicken wings have more viewers #fatboy
You guys better relax before Matt gives you a stern talking to.

For real though... drop that ASMR link

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
So...back to the game..Taking a look at the box score: https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/georgemason.sidearmsports.com/documents/2021/2/24/1855233.PDF

Polite really had a nice second half stepping up for Hartwell. 4 points, 3 boards, 2 steals in 18 minutes. He was +7.
Oduro didn't have the best night from the field going 5 of 13, but chipped in 11 points with 10 boards including 6 offensive rebounds. Yes he missed a lot of shots but there was that period of time where he basically took over scoring 8 points in a row and had like 2 or 3 rebounds in a row. Nice to see his maturity the last two games.

Some nice balanced scoring, 14 points from Jordan Miller, 16 from Kolek, 15 from Greene and 11 from Oduro.

Not to be lost but Mason had 72 field goals which was 26 more field goals than GW and still only won by 5. That is not so efficient. They did hit 12 of 16 free throws and 7 of 24 from behind the arc.

GW after shooting 61 percent from the field in the first half, was held to just 30% in the second half. Lindo Battle and Bishop pretty much played the entire game but were all held in check even though Lindo got 14 boards. Lindo didn't have any offensive rebounds and as a team GW only had 4.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Because we enjoy winning? Keep hating on the A10 player of the week. Keep taking shots at us on twitter as if you’re anyone. You got anymore freezing cold takes for these boards?

In all seriousness though I agree with your point. I find myself rooting against mason in tight games just to get Paulsen fired. AJ looking horrible this year has taken a toll on my fandom as well as I was expecting a monster year and he has the worst yips I’ve ever seen right now. I’m going to keep my Twitter (not as famous as bygeorge at all) but take a break from the boards for a while with all the negativity. @gmutom was right you can agree Paulsen is not a good coach without being super negative. Smart guy that I am learning from. I just can’t seem to do it. Maybe it’s immaturity

but before I go, Bryan or Sam or Jonny or whoever takes weird, awkward, try hard photos with the Masonettes, who brags about hooking up with girls wearing a mason hat (notice you switched writing on the posts on your personal Instagram. Your wife probably wouldn’t have loved your original caption I’m guessing), and puts out such creepy vibes. Don’t be such a try hard. We are old men now and you just act like the dude at the local bar that nauseatingly hits on the 18 year old girls there with their fake. Keep pumping out content because you’re all we have but nobody is going to listen when you spend 20 mins crying about a Twitter account arbitrary ranking bracket and 3 mins about actual mason basketball. If people want to hear you bitch we just need to look to your bygeorge and personal Twitter accounts. Remember when you got ratiod by the female wizards reporter after you made a creepy sexist comment? I do.

go Mason!!!!

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
In all seriousness though I agree with your point. I find myself rooting against mason in tight games just to get Paulsen fired. AJ looking horrible this year has taken a toll on my fandom as well as I was expecting a monster year and he has the worst yips I’ve ever seen right now. I’m going to keep my Twitter (not as famous as bygeorge at all) but take a break from the boards for a while with all the negativity. @gmutom was right you can agree Paulsen is not a good coach without being super negative. Smart guy that I am learning from. I just can’t seem to do it. Maybe it’s immaturity

but before I go, Bryan or Sam or Jonny or whoever takes weird, awkward, try hard photos with the Masonettes, who brags about hooking up with girls wearing a mason hat (notice you switched writing on the posts on your personal Instagram. Your wife probably wouldn’t have loved your original caption I’m guessing), and puts out such creepy vibes. Don’t be such a try hard. We are old men now and you just act like the dude at the local bar that nauseatingly hits on the 18 year old girls there with their fake. Keep pumping out content because you’re all we have but nobody is going to listen when you spend 20 mins crying about a Twitter account arbitrary ranking bracket and 3 mins about actual mason basketball. If people want to hear you bitch we just need to look to your bygeorge and personal Twitter accounts. Remember when you got ratiod by the female wizards reporter after you made a creepy sexist comment? I do.

go Mason!!!!

And thanks for stopping by!!!!

LOL that was the mother of all mic drops

By George.

Starter

go Mason!!!!

Speaking of creepy, it sounds like you know exactly who I am. Can’t believe I’m addressing this but your claims are so off base, I need to. I take pictures with Cheerleaders as well as the Green Machine and players because we promote the game day experience and it helps grow our following when they reshare it. They appreciate it. I didn’t brag about hooking up with anyone, I said a girl wanted to make out at Mardi Gras just cause I had a Mason hat. Thought that was funny. As far as my wife, you could never.... Our Twitter and Instagram always features slightly different captions, they’re different platforms. I’m a dad, I’m not at bars looking for 18 year olds, it’s you that still goes to Brions.. Not even sure we talked about the Twitter account bracket for more than 5 seconds on our latest podcast, we exclusively talked about Mason bball the entire show.

Finally, I didn’t make a sexist remark to a DC woman reporter, I called a girl, who runs a fan blog she didn’t even create, a “fangirl”. As a fanboy, I know them when I see em.

This all spawned from you not being able to accept you were dead wrong on Oduro. Instead you take personal shots from your keyboard because you’re a loser. If you got one of your points about me correct, I’d let it slide.

Back to basketball, excuse us for being excited about potentially ending the season on a 4 game winning streak approaching a wide open A10 tourney.

- Bryan

Last edited:

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I will say that front screen to pass from kolek that Oduro had for the wide open layup was a thing of beauty. Why don’t they call that number more?

The pass from Greene to Oduro for the two handed dunk was also a thing of beauty.

As for Oduro being "inefficient" I think most of his misses came off of missed tip-ins on offensive rebounds (including 3 on one possession). I think he legit missed two or three shots (one was blocked) the entire game.

The entire team seemed to play better defense in the second half. Surprised at how well Kolek was able to guard Battle (team took away his rolls to the basket and Kolek was able to chase him off the screens for open 3s, which is what I was afraid of). Bishop was forced to do a ton of work to make anything happen, which is what you want to see.

G M U

Starter

go Mason!!!!

I can't tell what triggers sleeperpick more, Bryan's interactions with girls or Oduro having success.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
The pass from Greene to Oduro for the two handed dunk was also a thing of beauty.

As for Oduro being "inefficient" I think most of his misses came off of missed tip-ins on offensive rebounds (including 3 on one possession). I think he legit missed two or three shots (one was blocked) the entire game.

The entire team seemed to play better defense in the second half. Surprised at how well Kolek was able to guard Battle (team took away his rolls to the basket and Kolek was able to chase him off the screens for open 3s, which is what I was afraid of). Bishop was forced to do a ton of work to make anything happen, which is what you want to see.

I don't remember exacts but I think there were 2 or 3 shots he missed in a row and got his own rebound. He scored 8 in a row at one point and really fueled Mason's comeback in the second half.

Also I thought Polite did a really nice job on Bishop in the second half after Hartwell struggled in the first half. Bishop in his own little world.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer

student-with-hand-raised-picture-id471453687

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Mason Nation, pop. 8, feeling salty as hell on a Thursday morning. Love it!
Is 8 counting all the burner accounts in here as well?

I personally love the convo going on here, at least it tells you a few people are still paying attention. Program is a year away from death, gotta fight it.