Game 19: GMU (10-8 / 6-6) vs GW (4-9 /3-3) on Wednesday, February 24, at 6PM.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
https://gwhoops.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=760:

quote.png
dmvpiranha wrote:

All Time Record: 19-6, and we are coming off a sweep in last season's "Revolutionary Rivalry". To be honest, I don't really feel like we have any kind of rivalry with Mason. Do we really have a rival in the conference? I actually think the Duquesne matchups the past few years are the closest thing to that, and that says a lot. None of the Mason contests have really been heated. We really just happen to be 15 miles from each other - that's really about it. Even if the series was 13-12, I would probably still feel the same way. The tricorn hat thing is cool though. From a competitive standpoint, we have only lost to GMU when Mojo was coach since they joined the A10, and their lone season sweep against us was our worst team in 30 years. Looking forward to seeing Mojo on the sidelines. Happy he is back in the league and hope he gets another crack at a head coaching job soon. We won both contests 73-67 last season. In the road matchup, we placed four in double figures, with Armel (20 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assists), Maceo (19 points, 3 rebounds), JNJ (16 points, 5 rebounds, 4 steals), and Jamison (13 points, 3 rebounds, 2 steals) leading the way. We had a good offensive performance, shooting 51% from the field, 40% from distance, and 75% from the line.

Today 10:35 am#9
GW18

"If I were to pick out GW a10 rivals, Mason would definitely not be #1 on my list. I'd put vcu, Richmond, and Duquesne before Mason. This is Mason's 8th year in the A10 and in mens basketball they have added nada to this conference. Didn't bring in a new TV market and hasn't brought any postseason play (outside of one CBI). Not sure what other schools were considered back then, but I wonder if the A10 regrets adding them?

Bricker

Starter
https://gwhoops.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=760:

quote.png
dmvpiranha wrote:

All Time Record: 19-6, and we are coming off a sweep in last season's "Revolutionary Rivalry". To be honest, I don't really feel like we have any kind of rivalry with Mason. Do we really have a rival in the conference? I actually think the Duquesne matchups the past few years are the closest thing to that, and that says a lot. None of the Mason contests have really been heated. We really just happen to be 15 miles from each other - that's really about it. Even if the series was 13-12, I would probably still feel the same way. The tricorn hat thing is cool though. From a competitive standpoint, we have only lost to GMU when Mojo was coach since they joined the A10, and their lone season sweep against us was our worst team in 30 years. Looking forward to seeing Mojo on the sidelines. Happy he is back in the league and hope he gets another crack at a head coaching job soon. We won both contests 73-67 last season. In the road matchup, we placed four in double figures, with Armel (20 points, 6 rebounds, 8 assists), Maceo (19 points, 3 rebounds), JNJ (16 points, 5 rebounds, 4 steals), and Jamison (13 points, 3 rebounds, 2 steals) leading the way. We had a good offensive performance, shooting 51% from the field, 40% from distance, and 75% from the line.

Today 10:35 am#9
GW18

"If I were to pick out GW a10 rivals, Mason would definitely not be #1 on my list. I'd put vcu, Richmond, and Duquesne before Mason. This is Mason's 8th year in the A10 and in mens basketball they have added nada to this conference. Didn't bring in a new TV market and hasn't brought any postseason play (outside of one CBI). Not sure what other schools were considered back then, but I wonder if the A10 regrets adding them?

No lies detected.

GMUSSTN

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
The whole rivalry thing is manufactured with them and probably won't have any staying power until we're both a good team at the same time. With how things are going that may still be years away.

I am friends with the son of a high-level GW donor and the way he talks about GW is very similar to how we talk about our own. I'd love to see it be a real rivalry but that would mean actual consequences beyond who gets to be 6th place.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
The only real rivalry we have right now is with vcu (and they won’t admit it). Unfortunately they are better than us by leaps and bounds as a program now, but that also means Mason beating them at Siegel 3 of the last 4 is that much sweeter.

Would like a rivalry between us and GW to actually become a thing. It also feels like there should be a little something between St. Joes and UMass at this point too, little rivalries, because those games have been pretty wild.

FreeGunston12

All-American
The only real rivalry we have right now is with vcu (and they won’t admit it). Unfortunately they are better than us by leaps and bounds as a program now, but that also means Mason beating them at Siegel 3 of the last 4 is that much sweeter.

Would like a rivalry between us and GW to actually become a thing. It also feels like there should be a little something between St. Joes and UMass at this point too, little rivalries, because those games have been pretty wild.
I definitely would put St. Joe's as our 2nd best "rivalry" in the conference. I've grown to hate those guys in the past couple years.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I definitely would put St. Joe's as our 2nd best "rivalry" in the conference. I've grown to hate those guys in the past couple years.

I could listen to that call all day. I have no idea how St. Joes fans view us, but yes it has been a fun “rivalry” on the court at least.

Normally we lose this in front of a pretty good home crowd but maybe not with COVID.

I admit DP's lack of home court advantage bothers me less in this age where I don't generally go to games anyway...

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
What a great showing so far, 4-19 from the field and down 12 to GW.

Extend Dave!!

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Our offense just looks lazy right now. No movement, lazy ill advised passes, just not much to be happy about on that end.

hoops10

Sixth Man
With the vcu game history, we get mason back to Paulson basketball. Don't start Oduro, after his best game of the year. Take out the entire starting five with no one who can score, (Roland even said who is going to score), and AJ wilson, who forgot how to play the game and Paulson appears to have ruined Kolek. What a train wreck.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Oduro has a career game vs vcu, but he can’t stay in the floor on this one because he’s getting torched on D every single possession. He HAS to develop into at least an average defender if he’s ever going to do something special here. He’s ahead of schedule offensively, but WAY behind defensively.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
With the vcu game history, we get mason back to Paulson basketball. Don't start Oduro, after his best game of the year. Take out the entire starting five with no one who can score, (Roland even said who is going to score), and AJ wilson, who forgot how to play the game and Paulson appears to have ruined Kolek. What a train wreck.
I’ve been confused out of how we’ve seen Kolek utilized after the first few games of conference play. Not sure what happened there but something has clearly changed.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Mason keeps front rimming their shots. Usually that means your legs are tired.

they probably had an amazing practice

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
How many f**king attempts do we have to put the ball in the hoop and we can’t