Game 18: GMU (10-7 / 2-2) vs Davidson (9-8 / 2-3) on Saturday, January 14, at Noon.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Oduro had his Big boy pants on today. 42 and 1 couldn't guard him.... he should of had 30 plus points against those scrubs but he passed out on a lot of his post up opportunities.

If we could of made layups.... Coop, Saquan, and couple others missed some easy ones today we would of won by 10.

Malik was a beast.... love his energy and hustle. Time for that boy to start!

Anyone know why Victor didn't start? Late to a practice or something?

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
@gmubrian is a loyal fan who is deserving of any/all respect coming his way. It's obvious that his thread was not well received. Please keep in mind he's a good man with the best of intentions. He attends EVERY game, home and away, EVERY year. He has donated tens of thousands to the university and Patriot Club. While the thread may not have been taken well, he is deserving of our respect. I would hate to lose his support and his participation on this board.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
@gmubrian is a loyal fan who is deserving of any/all respect coming his way. It's obvious that his thread was not well received. Please keep in mind he's a good man with the best of intentions. He attends EVERY game, home and away, EVERY year. He has donated tens of thousands to the university and Patriot Club. While the thread may not have been taken well, he is deserving of our respect. I would hate to lose his support and his participation on this board.
Completely agree — it’s nothing personal vs Brian whatsoever from my end but just an opposing viewpoint to an argument that many around the program make on the topic.

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Completely agree — it’s nothing personal vs Brian whatsoever from my end but just an opposing viewpoint to an argument that many around the program make on the topic.
I understand and appreciate everything that you do for our country and the boards.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Malik was a beast.... love his energy and hustle. Time for that boy to start!
This really can't be overstated. When Josh left with foul trouble, Malik single-handily put us on his back and scored 6 straight points. In only 18 minutes of action, he not only scored 12 points and grabbed 6 boards but he outscored and out-rebounded every player on the team outside of Josh.

His finesse game and touch around the basket are vastly underrated. Lunchpail guys like Henry might fly under the radar most of the time, but they are essential to every winning program.

Note: How is it possible that Bailey in 28 minutes only took 2 shots the entire game?!!! The box score shows him 1-1 from the field and then he was 3-3 from the line after getting fouled shooting a 3.

Earl the Squirrel

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
More Fernandez please - this kid can pass and is really starting to figure it all out.
Really impressed with Justyn today on two fronts: 1) he easily blew past his defender on multiple occassions for easy layups and 2) made some really nice passes into the post.

I hope to see more of this going forward. Hat tip to Malik, as well. He's really stepped up with Ticket being out. Our best shooter, VBJ, getting off a single shot all game is a head-scratcher, and I certainly don't want to see that ever happening again while he wears the green and gold. Great effort from Josh, who seems to have made a concerted effort to re-write the script on his season with the beginning of league play. Kudos.

We played decent D and am happy we pulled out with a win. While Davidson isn't very good the win helps soothe the burn of that SLU loss.

The one complaint (I'm not alone here) are the free throws. Our poor form is turning into an absurd parody - one that has me considering self-mutilation.

After each miss it was hard to ignore my wife's long sewing needles sitting there on the coffee table, or the scissors sitting adjacent to the keyboard on the desk where my desktop computer sits. I didn't act on my impulses today but I am getting to the point where I might do something. Nothing rash, I hope, but maybe plucking an eyebrow for each miss, or placing my hand into a box with a single large Chesapeake blue crab after every blown 1 and 1? It would hurt, of course, and grow wearisome over the course of a full game, but think about how satisfying it would feel once the game is over and there is no longer any possibility of pain and anguish? Crazy, right? Maybe not. Turns out my ruminations about self-harm has real merit, scientifically-speaking...

"People who self-injure may unwittingly be tapping into this mechanism, Franklin surmises. The first time they hurt themselves, they experience unpleasant pain. But when they keep doing it and experience pain relief, they begin to associate cutting or other forms of self-injury with relief, and they return for more."

Onward and upward. Let's reel off two more wins and then pound vcu on their home court!

NewPatriot

Starter

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Was it me or was our bookkeeper and/or board operator way off today? At one point 3 and 42 on Davidson each had four fouls, they each committed one more, and then they were each listed as somehow having three fouls.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Was it me or was our bookkeeper and/or board operator way off today? At one point 3 and 42 on Davidson each had four fouls, they each committed one more, and then they were each listed as somehow having three fouls.
seems like they were using a version of Hack-a-Shaq/Odoru today as they had at least 15 fouls to use

BBride

Sixth Man
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I’m sitting behind the bench. As Davidson drained that last uncontested 3, I heard KE say something to his assistant about “the lack of civility on the forums”.
Confirmed
DSC_3715.jpg

I saw the same thing and thought one of them had fouled out. I was trying to get my party excited about it, but they just thought I'd had too much to drink. Glad to hear I wasn't imagining it.