Game 18: AT Saint Louis University, Sunday, January 17th, 3 PM, NBCSN

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Moore has the heart of a champion. When they pulled within 5 points of us Marquise put the team on his back and made it a fact to not give up the lead. He drove hard to the basket 2 times in a row and made huge lay-ups.

Now thats what I'm talking about!!!

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Moore has the heart of a champion. When they pulled within 5 points of us Marquise put the team on his back and made it a fact to not give up the lead. He drove hard to the basket 2 times in a row and made huge lay-ups.

Now thats what I'm talking about!!!

Thank you! Somebody here actually suggested he'd lose his starting job next year to a player yet to play a minute of college ball. Marquise is the engine that makes us go, and he's a great mentor to Otis. Absolutely brilliant decision by Paulsen to pair them together.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Thank you! Somebody here actually suggested he'd lose his starting job next year to a player yet to play a minute of college ball. Marquise is the engine that makes us go, and he's a great mentor to Otis. Absolutely brilliant decision by Paulsen to pair them together.

Happy to see Jalen improving ever so slightly as well. With Moore and Jalen. If Jalen continues getting more comfortable (and cuts down on the turnovers and fouls) this team might be better than we all think.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
That was fun to watch. Kept it close, suddenly a nice lead, almost let them chip back in, blew it back open. Enjoyed the tension and excitement without the typical "young team late-game collapse." The future looks so bright. It's amazing how many of our stupid plays are from guys who played in Paul Ball 2's "system" rather than our freshmen. Paulsen and his guys did one hell of a job on this freshman class, especially considering most were late grabs.

MM was obviously the star, but man do we play better when Shevon can score. As to his foot, I don't know any details, but I was told some time ago that it was "injured" and has been affecting his game. Even more, it's been affecting his conditioning. If his heart and lungs were 100%, he'd be a beast. The commentators were absolutely right - out of time-outs, after a rest on the bench, etc., he plays better. Hope he gets it all working in time for the draft. I still feel like he will get looks because anyone who is 6'11 and can rebound gets looks. The inconsistency in his offensive game this year may be 100% traceable to his injury timeline.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know if you could see on TV, but during breaks Shevon had a little limp to him going to the bench/back on the floor. If he was healthy, he could have scored 30 yesterday. Their bigs couldn't stop him.

psyclone

Hall of Famer

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
That's a lot of points scored, especially for us, as the article points out. The question for us is: how much of that was due to our execution and how much was due to their poor defense with 3 people starting their first game of the season?

I think it has a lot to do with matchups and their poor defense. We've played St. Louis tough since joining the A-10 and I think it has a lot to do with the size and physicality of our players.