Game 18: AT Saint Louis University, Sunday, January 17th, 3 PM, NBCSN

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
St. Louis comes in with a 6-10 record/1-3 in the Atlantic 10 (win coming against George Washington) after losing at Duquesne on Wed. night by a score of 81-71. St. Louis scored 58 points in the 2nd half.

The schedule is here: http://www.slubillikens.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=93215&SPSID=632626

Stats are here: http://www.slubillikens.com/fls/27200/MBB/201516/stats/TEAMCUME.HTM

Ash Yacoubou is averaging 11.6 PPG/5.7 RPG, Mike Crawford is averaging 10.8 PPG, Miles Reynolds is averaging 10.6 PPG. Milik Yarbrough is averaging 5.5 RPG. Reggie Agbeko (started 14 games) is averaging 5.0 RPG.

Last season's box score is here: http://www.slubillikens.com/fls/27200/MBB/201415/stats/29MASON.pdf

Discuss.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I guess I take some solace in the fact that the A-10 teams Mason have played so far are a combined 13-3 in conference.

St. Louis is beatable for GMU though the game is on the road. Hopefully they play offensively the way they did at Davidson and manage to keep St. Louis in the 60's or low 70's.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This is the sacrificial lamb game the A-10 offered up to NBCSN to air opposite the playoffs. All the "better" TV games are Saturday before the NFL starts.

I say we win by 4.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I haven't been close on any of my predictions to date so now is not the time for me to hit Vegas. Winless streak on the road continues. St. Louis 75 - Mason 64.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I predict we will play them tough but get blown out at the end.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
We have played them well out in St. Louis, even when they were good. Looking at last year's box score, it must have been our best game as it was a thorough blow out. I remember watching it on tv waiting for everything to go south in the second half, but it didn't happen.

Hoping their win over GW was a fluke.

Sagarin has us as 2.9 underdogs.

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
The Billikens are a bad basketball team.

G Mas 66
SLU 67

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I thought our boys played pretty well with St. Joe's on Wednesday. I mean if many of the travelling violations were turned into points then we would have been right with them to the end.

I have confidence that Mason is not the dregs of the A10. I believe we will notch at least six Ws before March swings around.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Cant wait for renforcements to arrive next year. Plus Revallo will be a rs freshman, Dixon a year under his belt and with the current Shevon, only can go up at the 5.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I thought our boys played pretty well with St. Joe's on Wednesday. I mean if many of the travelling violations were turned into points then we would have been right with them to the end.

I have confidence that Mason is not the dregs of the A10. I believe we will notch at least six Ws before March swings around.

I hope you're correct, but I'm not that optimistic. There are 12 games between now and Mar 1 and according to rpiforecast we're double digit underdogs in 4 of them, including 2 of those that are home games (vcu & Dayton).

And we're only given a 40% or better chance of winning 4 of those 12 games, with Sunday's game being the first of those 4. So winning 6 of the next 12 will require beating the odds.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

We have to face that we are certainly bottom 3 in the A-10. I think we can grab 2 more wins this season and be happy with our improvements and concentrate on next year and the development of the freshman and Jalen that we already have. Interested to see Paulsen's first real recruiting class as I have been tremendously impressed with Livingston and Grayer already.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Grayer gets his shooting form back and pours in 15 points. Magically....We hit 8 3's. We get the W

Goodguys 68
Fat Albino Elephants 64