Game 18, AT Rhode Island, Jan 18, 12:30 PM, NBCSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
But I am posting. If a mother yells to a player (son or not) not to pass because it may be a bad pass or someone else may be open... how exactly is that a problem? How is that seen as wanting their son to be a star? Please explain?

In Mason's 69-67 loss to Northeastern in the CAA tourney semifinals last season, Marko was 4-5 from the field. So, if I heard any Mason fan (a player's parent or not) yell to the Patriots not to pass the ball to Marko in the game, I would certainly question their intelligence or their support for the team. And, I certainly hope that none of the parents are encouraging their sons to be more concerned about their own stats than the team's success.

ricky

Preferred Walk-On
I mean look at Ricky's "defense" of my comments. Oh, Marko, Pat and Jalen played well did they? Well, let's just absolve them of any blame for their play then while frying the rest.

I mean Patrick did great with his 3-10 shooting where he got two gift trips to the line to get 11 points. His defense was sterling as well, I'm sure.

He got 30 minutes and we still lost, Holloways. It's time for every kid and their parents on this team to just work toward getting better and stop making excuses.

F###ing tired of it. At first it was almost a comical distraction but it's clearly hurting the program.
WOW....so now you get to throw Patrick under the bus.....Mason lost because he played 30 minutes and only scored 11 points. I am really confused by all of this.

ricky

Preferred Walk-On
In Mason's 69-67 loss to Northeastern in the CAA tourney semifinals last season, Marko was 4-5 from the field. So, if I heard any Mason fan (a player's parent or not) yell to the Patriots not to pass the ball to Marko in the game, I would certainly question their intelligence or their support for the team. And, I certainly hope that none of the parents are encouraging their sons to be more concerned about their own stats than the team's success.
Can someone who follows the stats tell me if Holloway even played that game?
Was that the game that he was put in for about 4 minutes? Please stop this foolishness!

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Can someone who follows the stats tell me if Holloway even played that game?
Was that the game that he was put in for about 4 minutes? Please stop this foolishness!

I like Patrick, but do you seriously believe that his defense last season warranted much more playing time in the CAA tourney? And, if you believe that this is foolishness, then perhaps you don't know as much about basketball as you think you do.

ricky

Preferred Walk-On
I am
I wouldn't tempt Jollay, because he probably would do it.

I think everyone on here want our players to succeed and most of us see the talent and the effort they put in every game. The issue is there are too many breakdowns at ill-advised times in the game and as a collective whole they can't seem to overcome them. Is it the players, the coaches, both? Something is fundamentally wrong somewhere. Either the coach is causing us to underachieve or the players aren't good enough. We can't sit here and be happy about a 7-11 record.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
not tempting him....I am asking him to introduce himself to her instead of bashing her behind a post!

ricky

Preferred Walk-On
I like Patrick, but do you seriously believe that his defense last season warranted much more playing time in the CAA tourney? And, if you believe that this is foolishness, then perhaps you don't know as much about basketball as you think you do.
What does his playing time have to do with what Mr. Jollay is accusing his mother of? Mr. Jollay calls these players awful names as do most of you....not sure why he is now trying to make it look like Patrick's mom is the vilian here.

ricky

Preferred Walk-On
What are you talking about?

Pablo

Hall of Famer
What does his playing time have to do with what Mr. Jollay is accusing his mother of? Mr. Jolly calls these players awful names as do most of you....not sure why he is now trying to make it look like Patrick's mom is the vilian here.

Jollay can respond for himself. But, if you want to have a serious conversation with us, then I suggest that you be more respectful and stop accusing most of us of abusing the players on this board.

ricky

Preferred Walk-On
Jollay can respond for himself. But, if you want to have a serious conversation with us, then I suggest that you be more respectful and stop accusing most of us of abusing the players on this board.
Please....now you want to be respectful?

ricky

Preferred Walk-On
I treat everyone on this board with respect. Do you?
Yes, I do actually....find one post where I called someone's child a retard or said a player sucks. Find a post where I called Hewitt a name. I think I have been very respectful.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Is Ricky .....Jollay?

If not, then cool. But he didn't call our players and coaches retards. Just their play/coaching.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
ricky, everybody here is a huge Mason fan or they wouldn't be posting on a Mason message board, so I hope you keep that in mind. We are all frustrated by how the season is going, so we come here to vent about the players, the coaches, the plays, the refs and anything else we can find to bitch about.

I can't imagine how hard it might be to read negative things about somebody you are related to or know, but the only comfort I can offer is that none of it is intended to be personal. Heck, Patrick is one of my favorite players, and I know I've been guilty of pointing out that he's had a few bad games lately.

The only advice I can offer is to to either avoid the boards or have thicker skin, and I hope you don't choose the first option because I do like the insight you offer as somebody who knows one of the players.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
He could be. I don't remember Jollay & "ricky" posting at the same time.

What's interesting is hewitts comments in umass post game re outside people his players are listening to. Curious if he was talking bout some of these alleged mean parents Jollay is referring to. Cuz I know damn well no nba agents are calling.

polepino

Starter
What's interesting is hewitts comments in umass post game re outside people his players are listening to. Curious if he was talking bout some of these alleged mean parents Jollay is referring to. Cuz I know damn well no nba agents are calling.

Where are the post game interviews again? gomason.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.