Game 17: St. Joseph's University, Wednesday, January 13th, 7 PM, NO TV

Harry

Starter
A lot of great and insightful posts in this thread, especially the Marko vs. Abrams debate (as someone who goes to all the home games, I think the best players should play regardless of class).

But to provide a more emotional analysis, it never seemed like the SJ game was totally out of reach. However, it also never seemed like we were really in the game. Whenever we got within 3 or 4, SJ would hit a couple of unanswered 3s.

I know Royal has done nothing to earn more playing time. But has been pointed out on this thread, we could certainly use his size and offensive potential. The guy has over 2 years of rust, maybe just give him more PT to work it off. Maybe by the tournament he will be able to contribute.

liem.le.3388

Starter
A lot of great and insightful posts in this thread, especially the Marko vs. Abrams debate (as someone who goes to all the home games, I think the best players should play regardless of class).

But to provide a more emotional analysis, it never seemed like the SJ game was totally out of reach. However, it also never seemed like we were really in the game. Whenever we got within 3 or 4, SJ would hit a couple of unanswered 3s.

I know Royal has done nothing to earn more playing time. But has been pointed out on this thread, we could certainly use his size and offensive potential. The guy has over 2 years of rust, maybe just give him more PT to work it off. Maybe by the tournament he will be able to contribute.
You have to believe that Paulsen isn't seeing Royal excel in practice so he doesn't play him.

Harry

Starter
You have to believe that Paulsen isn't seeing Royal excel in practice so he doesn't play him.
I definitely believe in Coach Paulsen! Some players seemingly can't be motivated. And we have had more than our fair share in the last four years.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Bembry officially announces he's entering the NBA draft and hires an agent. That hurts one of the elite A-10 teams.

tarvis614

Walk-On
remind me of the new rules. you can declare & test the waters longer now, but if you hire an agent your eligibility is still cooked no mater what? pretty much kentucky's entire team declared - even the walk-ons.

OP
Washingtonian

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
I think (if you don't sign an agent) you have until 10 days after the draft workout to decide if you are going back to school or not.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Correct. Hire an agent and you are fully committed. Stay unattached and you can change your mind up to so many days before the draft.