Game 14: AT ODU, Jan 4th, 7 PM, NO TV

Bricker

Starter
You got me curious, so here's what I came up with:

(Here's a link that I used in the following analysis: http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-basketball/teams/team-page.cfm/team/george-mason)

There was no Vegas line for American, Lamar, & St Francis games.

Ignoring the spread, our record is 3-1 when we were favorites & 1-5 when we've been underdogs.

Taking the spread into consideration:
N. Iowa-- we were favored by 2.5, won by 6
Iona--we were underdogs by 5.5; lost by 16
Princeton--underdogs by 6; lost by 5
Rhode Is--favorites by 7.5; won by 7
S Fla--favorites by 4; lost by 2
Oklahoma--underdogs by 8; lost by 15
Iowa St--underdogs by 11.5; lost by 12
Oregon St--underdogs by 3.5; lost by 4
St. Mary's--underdogs by 9; won by 2
Penn--favorites by 8.5; won by 3

So in 4 of our games, the betting spread was within 1 point of the actual difference in score (Princeton,URI, Ia St.,Or St).

The St Mary's game is the real outlier (betting spread was off by 11)

We're 3-7 against the spread.

Ugh. remember when we were a lock at home? That was easy money.

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man
It's hard to imagine us not getting out-hustled in this one...But, we will probably be playing zone against a team full of Blaine-recruited brickers. ODU ranks 300+ in Points/game, Points/possession, Assists/game, True Shooting Pct and FT%. Amazingly, 2 D-1 teams have a worse FT% than ODU's 58.3%.

Bricker

Starter
It's hard to imagine us not getting out-hustled in this one...But, we will probably be playing zone against a team full of Blaine-recruited brickers. ODU ranks 300+ in Points/game, Points/possession, Assists/game, True Shooting Pct and FT%. Amazingly, 2 D-1 teams have a worse FT% than ODU's 58.3%.

Wow. I'm so glad this game won't be on TV. It might be one of those football score games...

GMU 36
ODU 34

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Good info psyclone, thanks! Looks like that does not bode extremely well for tomorrow.

Don't be too pessimistic! This game has the smallest spread of any game we've played and the average spread is 4.5 pts off of the final score margin. So if the vegas oddsmakers are hitting their "average", we could be winners by 3.5 (or losers by 5.5).

More discouraging was watching vcu go on a 17-0 run at home early in the second half in what had been a close game against Stony Brook, even though Stony Brook had 13 turnovers in the first half.