Game 13: Penn, Jan 2nd, 7:30 PM, NBCSN

I have way more respect for a guy like Williams. Williams could have called it a career after suffering the concussion last season. He graduated in the spring, so he could have walked away from Mason. He couldn't work out all summer long because of the injury. Instead of giving up, he worked to get himself cleared (just before Midnight Madness). I'll take that over a guy that quit on his teammates.

And isn't Arledge the same guy that couldn't beat Williams out of a starting job last year? Arledge barely played until Williams got hurt against Northeastern. Arledge had a "break out game" against vcu in the CAA tournament and then no-showed the beginning of next season. Why do we think he would have stepped up this fall when once again, expectations for him were sky high?

I laugh when I see guys say that Williams is "soft" when he has battled injuries during his career and always found his way back to the court. If he's soft, what's Arledge? I believe the term is "shrinking violet"

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I have way more respect for a guy like Williams. Williams could have called it a career after suffering the concussion last season. He graduated in the spring, so he could have walked away from Mason. He couldn't work out all summer long because of the injury. Instead of giving up, he worked to get himself cleared (just before Midnight Madness). I'll take that over a guy that quit on his teammates.

And isn't Arledge the same guy that couldn't beat Williams out of a starting job last year? Arledge barely played until Williams got hurt against Northeastern. Arledge had a "break out game" against vcu in the CAA tournament and then no-showed the beginning of next season. Why do we think he would have stepped up this fall when once again, expectations for him were sky high?

I laugh when I see guys say that Williams is "soft" when he has battled injuries during his career and always found his way back to the court. If he's soft, what's Arledge? I believe the term is "shrinking violet"

Selfish is the word for Arledge. Him "quitting" on his teammates this year has nothing to do with being soft. Rightly or wrongly, he thinks he has a shot at the NBA, but not if he wasted half a year of eligibility battling a back injury. So he wanted a red-shirt and will now transfer (to for him, hopefully an ACC team) to showcase his talent to NBA scouts.

Selfish is the word for Arledge. Him "quitting" on his teammates this year has nothing to do with being soft. Rightly or wrongly, he thinks he has a shot at the NBA, but not if he wasted half a year of eligibility battling a back injury. So he wanted a red-shirt and will now transfer (to for him, hopefully an ACC team) to showcase his talent to NBA scouts.

I don't know you, but I'll find a way to buy your season tickets if A) Arledge is with an ACC caliber team next season and B) he ever plays a minute in the NBA.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I don't know you, but I'll find a way to buy your season tickets if A) Arledge is with an ACC caliber team next season and B) he ever plays a minute in the NBA.

I am not predicting what will happen, just his thought process. He said himself, "I have a shot at the NBA if I have another year." This is what he is thinking.

You can have my season tickets for free, since I live in Miami and don't have any.

Your reading comprehension is just terrible.

Why? He said "rightly or wrongly.....this is what Arledge thinks" My offer was that if that actually came true, I'd buy him season tickets. I wasn't asking him to bet me anything in return. Point being Arledge, as soft as he is, has no shot at the NBA.

What part don't you get??

I am not predicting what will happen, just his thought process. He said himself, "I have a shot at the NBA if I have another year." This is what he is thinking.

You can have my season tickets for free, since I live in Miami and don't have any.

Miami huh? I'll get you Hurricane tickets then....

Cool Disco Dan

Sixth Man
Arledge was stuck behind J2 on the depth chart because the Head Coach is a joke. I don't see how any one could compare J2's production as a starter last year to Arledge's and come to any other conclusion than: 1) the Head Coach is an idiot or 2) the Head Coach has some sort of personal issue with Arledge.

Arledge was stuck behind J2 on the depth chart because the Head Coach is a joke. I don't see how any one could compare J2's production as a starter last year to Arledge's and come to any other conclusion than: 1) the Head Coach is an idiot or 2) the Head Coach has some sort of personal issue with Arledge.

or C) Arledge never gave them a reason in practice to play him over Williams.

I'll go with C

Bricker

Starter
Why? He said "rightly or wrongly.....this is what Arledge thinks" My offer was that if that actually came true, I'd buy him season tickets. I wasn't asking him to bet me anything in return. Point being Arledge, as soft as he is, has no shot at the NBA.

What part don't you get??

I don't get your character arguments re: Johnny vs. Arledge or all this stuff about who's more soft, etc. Irrelevant.

You think Arledge is a dud. That's fine. But you can't deny he was a serviceable big for us who put up decent numbers last year. Right now, we have no one who can score consistently down low. No one. That has created massive problems all over the court for this team. For that reason alone, I think he would have made a noticeable difference this season.

I brought up the character arguments because I don't enjoy watching fans rip on a guy in Williams who fought his way back to the court to play for this school and his teammates and those same fans drool like a hungry dog for the return of a guy who turned his back on his teammates and the school.

Sorry, I'm picky that way.