Game 13: Penn, Jan 2nd, 7:30 PM, NBCSN

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Is this 7:30 tip due to there not being any classes tonight? Its not because of TV; TV would prefer a 7pm tip so they can then have a 9pm tip (if they are airing a later game).

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Is this 7:30 tip due to there not being any classes tonight? Its not because of TV; TV would prefer a 7pm tip so they can then have a 9pm tip (if they are airing a later game).

I'm sure the 7:30 start has everything to do with NBC Sports Network dictating that time. They have no other games airing after ours — some show called "NFL Turning Point" is scheduled at 9:30 — so their reasoning is likely that a later tip potentially helps them draw more casual viewers in the CT, MT and PT zones.

Last edited:

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I'm not going to lie, but I actually like the 730 tip. It allows me a little bit of extra time to get out to the PC from Arlington and I'm probably not the only one who likes the extra time.

In fact I wish other games started at 730 but thats just me. The only hiccup is that the weather might be crappier tonight coming out at 945 instead of 915.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm sure the 7:30 start has everything to do with NBC Sports Network dictating that time. They have no other games airing after ours — some show called "NFL Turning Point" is scheduled at 9:30 — so their reasoning is likely that a later tip potentially helps them draw more casual viewers in the CT, MT and PT zones.
Tom, you disappoint me. You don't know NFL Turning Point? Very solid show.

Harry

Starter
Probable starters per the game notes:
Bryon Allen
Sherrod Wright
Marquise Moore
Johnny Williams
Marko Gujanicic
So MM gets the start over Corey...actually makes sense because Corey can spell either the 1 or 2 (based on his ability to hit 3s). Maybe starting on the bench will give him a feel for the game before he comes in. But hopefully PH will be first off the bench.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
I hope that Marquise Moore is the starter at PG. But, the game notes indicate that the probable starters are based on the last game.

MasonCrew

Starter
Not a good start to the game - ball movement needs work. Wright's also not scored yet.

Marko's playing best, but not great. Mason down 18-8. Penn on 10-0 run.

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Wright has touched the ball once so far, and turned it over. Terrible start to the game, typical.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Y do we have poor starts? Cant look good to selection committee. Oh wait.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Same old crap. Missed layups, Sherrod MIA, Corey getting caught in a screen and giving up a 3, giving up a rebound on a missed FT, and unforced turnovers.