Game 13: Penn, Jan 2nd, 7:30 PM, NBCSN

polepino

Starter
I think we win this one. After the Hawaii tourney the guys have gotten their butts kicked a little bit and learned a few things and want to continue playing better which they do at home. I'm also guessing they win by double digits.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Penn (2-8) lost at Rider (6-5) today 89-88. Penn led 80-67 with 6:29 remaining, but Rider finished with a 22-8 run.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
To the best of my knowledge it's been 15 years since we've had a losing record this late in the year. If we, meaning Hewitt, manages to accomplish that, then I will have to rethink my priorities. I just hate that we suck so bad............. Maybe I should have posted this in the "I hate" thread.

Dawgs99

Starter
To the best of my knowledge it's been 15 years since we've had a losing record this late in the year. If we, meaning Hewitt, manages to accomplish that, then I will have to rethink my priorities. I just hate that we suck so bad............. Maybe I should have posted this in the "I hate" thread.

Pretty much wrong on all accounts. First, we don't have a losing record, last time I checked 6-6 was.500. Second, look no further than 2006-2007 season to find where we were 7-7 after Jan. 4th. While I wish my favorite team was better, we do not suck. We are exactly what our record says we are: mediocre. Anyone who says we flat our suck is just doing their best GS/KA impression. Here's to hoping for a better record in 2014!

KAOriginal

All-American
Pretty much wrong on all accounts. First, we don't have a losing record, last time I checked 6-6 was.500. Second, look no further than 2006-2007 season to find where we were 7-7 after Jan. 4th. While I wish my favorite team was better, we do not suck. We are exactly what our record says we are: mediocre. Anyone who says we flat our suck is just doing their best GS/KA impression. Here's to hoping for a better record in 2014!

I dont think we suck. I just feel the PROGRAM is heading in a wrong direction.

But I still hope I am wrong.....

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I dont think we suck. I just feel the PROGRAM is heading in a wrong direction.

But I still hope I am wrong.....

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but rpiforecast has us going 13-17 this year. After the Penn game, we're not favored to win until early February. Hope they are wrong as well.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Exactly. I prefer we use the Farmer's Almanac or a Magic 8 Ball if we are going to predict the future.

I'm not inclined to rely on those sources, but my reference to rpiforecast certainly doesn't mean that I'm giving up going to games. But it is sobering and indicates that to expect a better than .500 season, we'll need to improve. I think we all realize that without the computer projections telling us.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I never said we suck. I did say Hewitt cant coach. But everyone already knew that.

MasonCrew

Starter
I'd be hesitant to take that. I do think we win this game, but this team needs to prove it can score more and put teams away before I'd bet Mason with a line close to 10.

I'm interested in whether Holloway can continue to play at a higher level than how he started the year. JW, too.

I wouldn't take too much stock in the RPI forecast. This team is still finding an identity (not sure if they'll ever find it), but the younger players are starting to step up. Moore, Holloway, Marko, and Jenkins have all impressed me.

Last edited:

Patriotfan49

Starter
All I want for this new year, is to see a few rim rocking dunks. Who knew that when Mike Mo left, we wouldnt see another slam like he used to throw down for a couple seasons.

Watching J2 pop his shoulder out of the socket after being rim checked by the bottom of the rim just isnt doing it for me in the high flying dunk regard.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Watching J2 pop his shoulder out of the socket after being rim checked by the bottom of the rim just isnt doing it for me in the high flying dunk regard.

Yeah, J2 needs couple of solid dunks to erase our collective memory of the hideous play.