Game 13: GMU (7-5) at #24 Wisconsin on Thursday , December 23, at 7PM. CANCELED.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Apologies for the rushed report. I hate Covid.

Wisconsin is currently 9-2 on the season. They are 5 - 1 at home, 1 -1 on the road, and 3 - 0 at neutral sites.

Wins: UW Whitewater, St. Francis Brooklyn, Green Bay, Texas A&M, Houston, Saint Mary’s, Georgia Tech, Marquette, Indiana, Nicholls,
Losses: Providence, Ohio St.,
Canceled: Morgan St.

Schedule: https://uwbadgers.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule/2021-22
Roster: https://uwbadgers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
Stats:https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.si...021/11/10/_Wisconsin_MBB_Cumulative_Stats.pdf

Wisconsin is led by 6’5” Johnny Davis (20.9 ppg & 6.1 reb) and 6’4” Brad Davison (15.2 ppg & 4.1 reb). The remaining starters are 6’9” Tyler Wahl (8.4 ppg & 5.0 reb), 7’0” Steven Crowl (7.7 ppg & 4/5 reb), and 6’2” Chucky Hepburn (7.0 ppg). Others averaging double figure minutes are 6’2” Lorne Bowman, 6’4” Jacob Neath, 7’0” Chris Vogt, and 6’9” Ben Carlson.

Wisconsin averages 68.6 points per game while giving up 61.2. The Badgers are shooting 40.2% from the floor and 29.6% from 3. Opponents are shooting 41.2% from the field and 32.4% from 3. They shoot 76.6% from the free throw line. The Badgers are being out rebounded by their opponents to the tune of 0.5 boards per game. They average 8.5 turnovers per game.

The game is on The Big 10 Network.

My prediction: They are BIG. They have home court advantage. Wisconsin wins this one but great experience for our guys.

We finish the OOC portion of our season 7-6.

Discuss.

Last edited:

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Ok so thoughts on this one from anyone with the stats? If we could steal a third win from a P5 school that would make this a great out of conference streetch

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ok so thoughts on this one from anyone with the stats? If we could steal a third win from a P5 school that would make this a great out of conference streetch

Beating Wisconsin on their home floor on two days turnaround time is highly unlikely.

What do we have going for us? Wisconsin also has the same short turnaround and hasn't prepared for us either.

Can't beat them if you don't play them.

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
When was the last time we even played two ranked teams in the OOC. Will be a tough game, but I’m not counting us out. Haven’t really watched a Wisconsin game this year.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This one is going to be tough. They are top 25, they have size and ability. A great test for our group.

That said, I’ll expect a 10-12 point loss and Mason collects a nice “thank you for coming to visit” buy game check

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
This one is going to be tough. They are top 25, they have size and ability. A great test for our group.

That said, I’ll expect a 10-12 point loss and Mason collects a nice “thank you for coming to visit” buy game check
Wasn’t Maryland ranked as well - we beat them
And kled their coaches career.

f**k it - we win in OT - that is an homage to GL so he feels better.

psyclone

Hall of Famer

Before we concede, I noticed that in their last game (on the 15th) which was at home, they only beat Nichols State (#208) by 3. In fact, they were ahead of the Badgers by 9 with 16 minutes left, before UW went on a 16-0 run to get back in it.

Of course, Wisconsin is a good defensive team, but they are 288th in effective fg% (Mason is 38th).

I can dream, can't I?!

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Before we concede, I noticed that in their last game (on the 15th) which was at home, they only beat Nichols State (#208) by 3. In fact, they were ahead of the Badgers by 9 with 16 minutes left, before UW went on a 16-0 run to get back in it.

Of course, Wisconsin is a good defensive team, but they are 288th in effective fg% (Mason is 38th).

I can dream, can't I?!

anything can happen, you’re right. I just always expect the worst during these games haha