Game 12: GMU (9-2) at Tulane (8-2) on Friday, December 22, at 2:00 PM.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I think polite’s confidence was crushed a little bit when Hall was playing lights out. Polite thought he had to be a pass first guy and played tentative. But it looks like polite found his confidence today!

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Poor first half, better second half. Overcame some boneheaded plays at the end and countered with some good ones to pull out a real nice win!!!! 10-2 baby!!!! I'll take it. We wouldn't have won this game under either of the two previous coaches. Still lots of room to improve and many careless mistake to correct but HELL YEAH!!!!

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Just a great win today. If you told me Mason would be down 11 at half and come back to win by 3 I would have said you’re nuts. I also thought it was awesome we held Tulane to 26 second half points.

Ronny balled out in the second half. His line today was great and he came up huge when he needed to.

Most importantly defense stepped up. Defend like that and you give yourself a chance against anyone.

Last edited:

masonhoops1984

Role Player
Newton had a big game! With no Henry he stepped up to play big time minutes. 31 minutes. 9 Boards! Defense was great in 2nd half, Tony can really coach. Kelly had a big 2nd half, something clicked after a slow start. Polite with some clutch shots. Hall has all the talent in the world but he definitely has room to grow, bad passing, missing easy baskets and just sloppy. He does rebound and plays defense so thats a huge plus but he's gota clean that other stuff up, it was killing them!

KAOriginal

All-American
Hall is too loosy goosy with the ball after getting rebound. And his passes were suspect. Big Win!

Yep noticed it in him and Kelly. They get ball at moments and can't seem to dribble effectively. Like the ball is playing them instead....

OP
Patriotsince81

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Newton had a big game! With no Henry he stepped up to play big time minutes. 31 minutes. 9 Boards! Defense was great in 2nd half, Tony can really coach. Kelly had a big 2nd half, something clicked after a slow start. Polite with some clutch shots. Hall has all the talent in the world but he definitely has room to grow, bad passing, missing easy baskets and just sloppy. He does rebound and plays defense so thats a huge plus but he's gota clean that other stuff up, it was killing them!
I love Woody playing out top in the zone, a nightmare for opponents. I'm liking Woody more and more.

hoops10

Sixth Man
Woody in addition to his scoring plays super defense. He is great off the bench. Not like before when guards walked to the basket.
Also Baracka is a keeper. The kid has no fear. Love his energy.