Game 11: GMU (6-4) at Neutral Site (Chicago) vs Tulane (6-3) on Saturday, December 17, at 3:30 PM.

Patriotsince81

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Ken Pom: Gives GMU a 38% chance of winning. Tulane 73 - Mason 69.
GMU - 131
Tulane - 87

Mason is 1-1 against Tulane all-time.

Tulane is currently 6-3 on the season. They are 4-1 at home, 0-0 on the road, and 2-2 at neutral venues. The Green Wave were picked 4th in preseason AAC polls behind Houston, Memphis, and Cincinnati.

CBS wrote, “They bring back every starter from last season and their young nucleus, led by former LSU transfer Jalen Cook, is a year older and wiser. After posting their first winning record in AAC play last season since the leagues inception, they seem primed to roll to the top half of the league and push for a potential NCAA Tournament berth.”

Wins: UMBC (89-67), McNeese Sate (75-58), Charleston Southern (99-79), Rhode Island (78-75), Louisiana Monroe (75-60), Buffalo (88-63)
Losses: Nevada (75-66), Western Kentucky (71-65), Fordham (95-90)

Schedule: https://tulanegreenwave.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule?path=mbball
Roster: https://tulanegreenwave.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster
Stats: https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/tulanegreenwave.com/documents/2022/12/3/MB_updated_season.pdf

Tulane is led by Jalen Cook (20.8 ppg), Jaylen Forbes (17.1 ppg & 4.9 reb), Kevin Cross (15.9 ppg & 5.9 reb), Collin Holloway (11.1 ppg), and Sion James (10.4 ppg). Their starting lineup has been in flux with 8 members of the team having at least 2 starts. In all 9 guys play double digit minutes for Tulane.

Tulane averages 80.6 points per game while giving up 71.4. The Green Wave shoot 47.0% from the floor and 33.0% from 3. Opponents are shooting 4.3 % from the field and 36.6% from 3. The Green Wave shoot 80.6% from the free throw line. They are being out rebounded by their opponents by 4.9 boards per game. They average 9.4 turnovers per game.

At the time of this posting there has been no mention about the game being televised. That sucks. No doubt a link will appear.

My prediction: Time off for exams hurts us. This will be a tough one. Can we get our first win away from EBA this year? My heart says yes, my head says no. Tulane 74 - GMU 72.

Discuss.

Attachments

• CD4008E5-4418-4144-A697-D58CF3FD45FA.png
    CD4008E5-4418-4144-A697-D58CF3FD45FA.png
    68 KB · Views: 4,014
Last edited:

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Fordham won at Tulane and scored 95 points in doing so. Even knowing our abysmal performance at neutral sites the past 2 years, if Mason can’t at least give them a game I would see that as very concerning.

Leesburg Chankenstank III

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Fordham won at Tulane and scored 95 points in doing so. Even knowing our abysmal performance at neutral sites the past 2 years, if Mason can’t at least give them a game I would see that as very concerning.
Fordham is 9-1 this year so far with the only loss to #10 Arkansas.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Yeah and other than Tulane all of those wins are Quad 4. An A-10 team should be 9-1 against that kind of schedule
Also, except for Tulane and Arkansas, all their games have been at home. None even at neutral sites. And their next 4 games are also at home, 3 of which are against kenpom 300+ teams. Kenpom still projects them at 8-10 in the A-10.

PDGL Hoops

Starter
We can't fall behind like we tend to do against a team that can pile on the points. The defense needs to be ready early or we may get run.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Just a reminder, if anyone needs tickets to the Tulane game in Chicago let me know.

I have 4 tix in row 1 Sec 110 and we had another event come up that weekend and can no longer go.