Game 10: GMU (5-4) vs UMES (3-5) on Tuesday, December 6, at 7:00 PM.

KAOriginal

All-American
I was thinking Tucker and Robert Dykes. They were really tough together in 1990-91 — Tucker averaged 17 pts and 10 rebs, Dykes was 19 and 9.

Dykes is still one of my favorite Patriots of all time.
That was the better combo...I was just being tongue and cheek about their locker room fight....I think Tucker punched Hodges or something.

Also couldn't remember if it was Tucker or Hodges that quit the team during a half time of a game.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
That was the better combo...I was just being tongue and cheek about their locker room fight....I think Tucker punched Hodges or something.

Also couldn't remember if it was Tucker or Hodges that quit the team during a half time of a game.
Tucker punched Hodges and Hodges quit the team. For a 7-footer Hodges was softer than baby poop.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
“Where are they now” update:
Hodges lives in Cali with his wife and three tall kids. His daughter is an up and coming swimmer and just landed a full ride scholarship with Texas USC. He and I stay in touch, and he makes it out for homecoming every couple years.

Last edited:

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
“Where are they now” update:
Hodges lives in Cali with his wife and three tall kids. His daughter is an up and coming swimmer and just landed a full ride scholarship with Texas USC. He and I stay in touch, and he makes it out for homecoming every couple years.
Well.... Troy Temara is broadcasted around the internet as being a part of the "tallest" athletic family around, thanks to what his tall sister has been doing on social media to promote them and also her.

Marie Temara makes bank every month with her Onlyfans. Happy Googling

All fair points, and just to be clear I hope he continues to rely on the portal to fill glaring needs. I thought bringing in Ticket, Schwartz and Cooper last year were all great moves. The jury is still out on Singleton and Bailey this season, but I really like the addition of Ojiako.

I'm still all in on English and hope he finds the right balance. Assuming all of our seniors leave and there are no underclassmen defections (by their choice or the staff's), it looks like we will still need to use the portal to fill several voids (like a big man and a legitimate 2-guard). Let's hope the staff finds some Day 1 starters, because it's going to be a very young team with only two seniors (Polite and Henry) and one junior (Jones).
General rumor/belief among those with connections is that staff expects both Josh AND Ticket to leave at the end of this season (and honestly if Josh is done, bet is Peter transfers down a level).

So in general, staff probably expecting 6 openings, three of which have already been filled by incoming Frosh. Expect the portal use to still be high this offseason.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Side Questions:
how much does playing pro ball in Europe, South America, or Asia pay?
Under what conditions do Ticket and/or Josh return for their Covid year?

if this salary data is true - Josh and Ticket are gone at the end of this season

The European basketball salaries are pretty decent, with most leagues paying an average of $500K to $800K per season. The highest-paid players are up to $4 million per season. Most European basketball teams pay way better than an NBA G League. The minimum budget for a European team is $6.5 million a year, while the max is 47 million usd a year.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

More Data

What Is the Average Salary of an Overseas Basketball Player?

The average salaries of some overseas basketball leagues are below. Let’s look;

Region/CountryLeagueAverage USD SalaryMax USD Salary
EuropeEuroleague$500K-800K Per Year$5.4million/year
SpainACB$250k-500k per year$4Million/year
ItalySerie A$180K-350k per year$2 Million/year
GreeceGreek A1$60k-250k per year$2.5Million/year
GermanyBBL$100k-350k per year$1Million per year
IsraelPremier L.$80k-250k per year$1.7 million per year
FranceLNB Pro A$80k-200k per year$300k per year
TurkeyBCL$250k-500k per year$3.7 Million/yr

KAOriginal

All-American
Well.... Troy Temara is broadcasted around the internet as being a part of the "tallest" athletic family around, thanks to what his tall sister has been doing on social media to promote them and also her.

Marie Temara makes bank every month with her Onlyfans. Happy Googling

She's quite the performer.

Dad must be proud ...

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

Hodges was a fraternity brother and lived with me during college for a semester. He and Dykes could party.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Hodges was a fraternity brother and lived with me during college for a semester. He and Dykes could party.
Obv, we got to know him better than most - he's a great guy and a great friend to this day. I can't blame him for walking off of the court after what he went through and having to play for Nestor. Let's remember these are just kids trying to make the best decision for them at the time, and there's (at least) two sides to every story.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Obv, we got to know him better than most - he's a great guy and a great friend to this day. I can't blame him for walking off of the court after what he went through and having to play for Nestor. Let's remember these are just kids trying to make the best decision for them at the time, and there's (at least) two sides to every story.
Hodges was awesome - at my wedding. Living with him was an adventure.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
UMES up 77-67 against Temple with 4:34 left. Gotta think UMES is better than their 314 Pomeroy ranking.