Game 1: GMU (0-0) at #15 Auburn (0-0) on Monday, November 7, at 8:00 PM.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Please. The South is full of Baptist hypocrites. I bet if you wore a UGA shirt to the game, those sweet and welcoming fans would spit in your face.

There's definitely that demographic too, no doubt. And the polite can be passive aggressive judgmental too. A "I'll pray for you" is a $hitty comment as often as it's a nice one.

There's thousands of fans from the opposing team at every SEC game and 98% aren't trying to start ish w/the others, but the 2% that are can be the worst. If you're in a community of any decent size, there's fans of every sports team walking around sporting the colors on Saturdays

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer

Oh $hite, you were at that game?? I remember watching and that was an incredible ending. They should've won it all this year, Just one of the most absolutely dominant college teams ever. Unfortunately they had a pair of bad games at the worst time.

I wish we had Joyce coming back. His control was far from great, but when you had a guy who could throw 105 on the mound, every pitch was exciting.

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm glad folks had a good experience at Auburn. Always have heard how friendly the south is etc. Its personally not for me. When I lived in DC I too found folks to be stuffy.

Moving to NYC I expected folks to be brash, rude and pretty downright terrible. Pretty much the opposite experience. Simple example that folks in Arlington in my building used to never even say hello in the elevator. In NYC that has been much different.
DC is not the South

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yea, anything south of NY is to your Yankee a** lol. Most Virginians consider the "south" to start from Fredericksburg or Richmond on down.

DC is probably one of the worst/meanest cities in the US. I've traveled all over the East Coast and have worked in Philly, NYC, Boston, upstate NY, Bmore, Pittsburgh, and down south and DC is, IMO, the worst city when it comes to relations with people in general. Very cliquish, snotty, people only care about themselves and getting ahead here. Plus... working with majority of gov't people just puts icing on this cake as the incompetence rolls deep.

NYC - Lots of people are friendly and will genuinely talk with you about something. Never really had a bad experience in NYC.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Oh $hite, you were at that game?? I remember watching and that was an incredible ending. They should've won it all this year, Just one of the most absolutely dominant college teams ever. Unfortunately they had a pair of bad games at the worst time.

I wish we had Joyce coming back. His control was far from great, but when you had a guy who could throw 105 on the mound, every pitch was exciting.
Joyce is ridiculous and yes, 2022 Tennessee will probably go down as the most loaded team to not win the CWS.

Also this, Drew Gilbert can suck a fat one. I love a good celebration, but I’ve never wanted to punch someone’s teeth in more than I did that night.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Joyce is ridiculous and yes, 2022 Tennessee will probably go down as the most loaded team to not win the CWS.

Also this, Drew Gilbert can suck a fat one. I love a good celebration, but I’ve never wanted to punch someone’s teeth in more than I did that night.

You won't get too much argument from me on that one. Super-clutch hitter, but the antics were too much and too often from him. He even managed to get himself tossed in the playoff series.

I absolutely love Vitello and the turnaround he's done, but was glad to see him recognize things went too far last season and the need to tone it down.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Definitely not. Geographically or culturally.

And I hate to be the bearer of bad news but those of us actually in "the South" generally don't consider Virginia to be part of it either.
As one with family roots in Arkansas, Georgia and Tennessee, neither do I.

jessej

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Definitely not. Geographically or culturally.

And I hate to be the bearer of bad news but those of us actually in "the South" generally don't consider Virginia to be part of it either.
I'd say the South starts south of Fairfax County
simple determinant
what party are the house reps?