G Force

New marketing slogan for Mason Athletics that they launched last year.

Kinda like how GW's is 'Raise High'

Not impressed.

1) We are arent a "Force"
2) Are we trying to be some super hero University?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
New marketing slogan for Mason Athletics that they launched last year.

Kinda like how GW's is 'Raise High'

Not impressed.

1) We are arent a "Force"
2) Are we trying to be some super hero University?

Is this a slogan? I thought it was the "new" name for the Patriot Platoon? Like, why did we even need to rebrand the Patriot Platoon in the first place?

OP
p8triotfan4life

p8triotfan4life

Starter
Is this a slogan? I thought it was the "new" name for the Patriot Platoon? Like, why did we even need to rebrand the Patriot Platoon in the first place?

I have no idea what it is truthfully. I saw some ad come across my social media account with G Force in the background promoting Women's Soccer.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It’s the new name for the Patriot Platoon.

It’s an incredibly stupid name.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I like the idea of Patriot Platoon. The students are the Patriots/Soldiers, and it is commanded by George Mason himself.

I'm sure the marketing team could get creative and incorporate ROTC cadets too.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I personally liked Patriot Platoon. Guarantee some whiny liberals probably complained that the name promoted militaristic violence and felt offended by it.

Doubt it. You could see that with something like Cameron Crazies, because of the connotation of the word “crazy,” but I seriously doubt anyone kicked up a fuss about platoon. I’m pretty sure it was a rebranding effort because the platoon got stale and their numbers were dwindling.

FreeGunston12

All-American
Doubt it. You could see that with something like Cameron Crazies, because of the connotation of the word “crazy,” but I seriously doubt anyone kicked up a fuss about platoon. I’m pretty sure it was a rebranding effort because the platoon got stale and their numbers were dwindling.
Yea, we’ll it was a terrible, half-assed effort at rebranding. George Mason ,”where innovation is tradition, and our mascot is named the patriot”.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Yea, we’ll it was a terrible, half-assed effort at rebranding. George Mason ,”where innovation is tradition, and our mascot is named the patriot”.

Agree, it's lame. It sounds like we let Gatorade name our student section, but without getting paid to let Gatorade name our student section.

Also, G-Force is a Disney movie about super spy gerbils saving the world, so we've got that legacy too.

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
3cd1a8120180800576c08f727e7a77ee.jpg

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
The unis can't have "George" so why would the students be called G Force? Kind of like the Green Team not wearing green jerseys.