Facilities and Arena discussion

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I believe that only about 30 of the 130 Div I FB programs are profitable. All others at all Divisions - I, II, III, Juco, NAIA, etc. are money losers. They are -loss leaders for the Universities, used to generate other donation monies and good will.
Agreed - the movements and changes to college football made over the past 5 years is making this a Power 5 only proposition financially. Of course this is by design.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Agreed - the movements and changes to college football made over the past 5 years is making this a Power 5 only proposition financially. Of course this is by design.
For the best. Only time will tell, but with the brain injury concerns related to football, I suspect that the player pool will diminish significantly in the future to the point that only the P5's will have any sort of talent anyways. Basketball is the future.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
For the best. Only time will tell, but with the brain injury concerns related to football, I suspect that the player pool will diminish significantly in the future to the point that only the P5's will have any sort of talent anyways. Basketball is the future.
And Baseball and Soccer

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
Back to basketball...

There are board meetings scheduled for Thursday and Friday of this week, maybe we'll get some nuggets about the plans/timing of the basketball facility.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
And Baseball and Soccer
Soccer...sort of. A lot of the talented kids will end up going straight into MLS academies. The overall quality of the player pool will rise, as will D1 level play, but it certainly isn't an apples to apples comparison like other sports are.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Back to basketball...

There are board meetings scheduled for Thursday and Friday of this week, maybe we'll get some nuggets about the plans/timing of the basketball facility.
It's the summer planning committee meeting. Doubtful much comes of it. I think the first meeting of the school year is most likely (if any movement on this facility ever happens, of which I have severe doubts).

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I'll be there in person (yes, my first cricket game.) I'll take a pic or two for you hippies.
Sounds like (you can let us know definitively) they’ve been selling out these matches in NC, about 3,500 per.

I have every confidence they can significantly outdraw that in the DC market.

bravesfan

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
Sounds like (you can let us know definitively) they’ve been selling out these matches in NC, about 3,500 per.

I have every confidence they can significantly outdraw that in the DC market.

Yeah, it won’t let me upload any pictures from my mobile, but lots of people here.

And it’s just a community park.

They did a nice job converting it into a more stadium feel.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Yeah, it won’t let me upload any pictures from my mobile, but lots of people here.

And it’s just a community park.

They did a nice job converting it into a more stadium feel.
And they were kind enough to let you in.