Every assistant needs to be gone next year

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It should have taken 15 minutes of research to realize Hewitt wasn't the man from the job. Well done TOC - 9 out of 10 mason hoops posters would have made a better hire.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It should have taken 15 minutes of research to realize Hewitt wasn't the man from the job. Well done TOC - 9 out of 10 mason hoops posters would have made a better hire.

I don't know about that, most on these boards were asking for people who are also failing at the schools they are currently coaching.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I don't know about that, most on these boards were asking for people who are also failing at the schools they are currently coaching.
Courtney would have still been a better choice. He would have been paid less and his buy-out would have made it easier to pull the trigger.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I can honestly say that a hire of Lonergan would have thrilled me back then. I didn't have much of an opinion as far as Courtney or Johnson for HC. Admittedly, I'd have certainly been more optimistic about them than Hewitt. As Walter stated, at least if we hired Courtney or Johnson and had Hewitt like struggles, the contract situation would be much better.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Jim Baron has been contacted. Don't ask me how I know.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Please just make our next hire a guy who has won wherever he's been. I don't care if nobody's heard of him.

Last edited:
OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
I can't reiterate enough how much I'm going to have to insist on major changes to our staff next year.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to insist.