Ebola discussion thread

I think it's time to have an Ebola discussion thread, since it is likely to dominate talk in the Green and Gold rooms this year as the program slides further into obscurity.

Post all Ebola talk here: hopes, fears, dreams, fatalities, sightings, paranoia, edifying information, interviews, etc.

Topic #1: A rumored case has infected the capital of the confederacy, Shaka-Town.
http://wtvr.com/2014/10/14/ebola-richmond-test-results/

Topic #1A: If bodily fluids spread the virus, and it is indeed in Richmond...what worse place could you possibly die in? And will Pavarotti, who is in fact a mountain of continuous secretions, play a role in any possible apocolypse?

Topic 2: Are our pets safe? The Ebola dog in Spain was put down, but another dog was alllowed to live.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
BTW, the Richmond medical professionals are now saying this was not a case of Ebola...so far. But they did recommend we stay eternally vigilant.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
I will posting only in this thread throughout the season and no where else. For the benefit of this thriving online community, I invite the moderators to quarantine anyone they deem fit to this thread, whether they violate the Terms of Service or the mods equate their opinions to infectious disease.

KAOriginal

All-American
The President said there's no chance of EBOLA being in the US and it is all Right Wing scare tactics before the election to keep voter turnout low.

This thread should be closed.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
While we dodged the Ebola at vcu bullet, unfortunately a second health care worker in Texas has been diagnosed with the virus.

We fortunately have no road games in Texas this year, although it might be worth infection to play Lamar again and get a much-needed victory.

However, I am concerned the sickness might reach Norman, Oklahoma when we play there. I can definitely see Longhorn fans or somebody else in a Native American/infected blanket scheme purposely introducing that campus to Ebola.

Speaking of Native Americans, is anyone else concerned with what "Catawba" is and why we're playing them? I am all for giving the red man equal opportunities, but I can see this December home game turning into a disease-filled debacle both on and off the court.

I don't see why we couldn't have just scheduled the generally disease-free kids of Chesterbrook Academy that day.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Dont foget to disinfect the ebolas from odu that could possibly be infecting fairfax with various diseases.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
A couple of salient points.

Number one, if you're concerned about calling the initial case of Ebola here "Patient Zero" with all the negative zombie brain-eating connotations that term is accompanied with, the proper term is "Index Case."

If you believe Coach Hewitt infected Mason with things like lazy defense, poor assistant coaches, etc. I would ask that you refer to him as the "Index Case" and not anything un-PC or with negative connotations.

Second, if you're interested in learning more about Ebola, a local radio program has been on it for months now. These guys have pretty much been nailing everything about what would happen here and I recommend them highly. http://www.thehaternationshow.com/

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
Also, who is going to Midnight Madness this weekend? Where players will not be allowed to play an actual scrimmage or dunk for fear of injury. Because the loss of any of these guys could turn a ten win campaign into an eight win one--just like that.

OP
CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

CHRISTOPHER JAMES JOLLAY

Hall of Famer
Those who know me know I have my finger squarely on the pulse of George Mason University.

As someone who has frequented Presidents Park for going on 24 years now, I will say that I have not seen less enthusiasm on campus for Midnight Madness.

But is that because of the team's recent slide, or because of the general climate of fear permeating our society because of the deadly virus?

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Too much anxiety here. Come on it is just a virus. One the administration sees as an efficient way to replace the current population of American citizens with a new crop of potential or future citizens that will be more to his liking.

It is change people - embrace it! No go rub your unprotected hands on some knobs and railings.