News DC to host 2018 Atlantic 10 Tournament

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Wins make things exciting despite less than exciting offense. Larranaga hung his hat on D, Hewitt doesn't have a place to hang his.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
How about a coach similar to Bo Ryan at Wisconsin? Am I the only one on this board who would be in favor of his brand of basketball?

If we get to the Sweet 16 6 times in 15 years we can play defense standing on our heads for all I care!

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I feel the same way, I wasn't a huge fan of L's offense but his overall style produced wins so I was happy overall.

I hated OCM's regiment offense, up until Scott Cherry and Bill Courtney refined it for him. If you recall, upon Cherry's arrival tweaks were made to the offense and it flowed better. A plus to OCM for being open minded and for hiring great assistants.

patriot2000

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Vurbel & patriot2000,

What action(s) do you expect AD Edwards to take to enable the Patriots to realistically compete for the 2018 A10 championship?
Sorry, Pablo, I'm not on here much outside of basketball season and I just saw this post.

My answer is: great coaching staff, plain and simple. There were several years under Coach L that we could have competed for an A10 championship. Our facilities, profile, and resources have only improved since then. There's no reason to believe that the right staff would not be able to make us competitive in 3 seasons.

I'm sure as hell not saying we'll be a favorite by 2018, but we could be competitive.

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
Sorry, Pablo, I'm not on here much outside of basketball season and I just saw this post.

My answer is: great coaching staff, plain and simple. There were several years under Coach L that we could have competed for an A10 championship. Our facilities, profile, and resources have only improved since then. There's no reason to believe that the right staff would not be able to make us competitive in 3 seasons.

I'm sure as hell not saying we'll be a favorite by 2018, but we could be competitive.

I agree. In 2018 our days of losing the play-in game will be over.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I agree. In 2018 our days of losing the play-in game will be over.
I would like to think so but any coaching hire will be a crapshoot. Even NC and UK went through some bad ones.

How about a coach similar to Bo Ryan at Wisconsin? Am I the only one on this board who would be in favor of his brand of basketball?

I am balls hot for the swing offense Ryan runs. Balls hot.

Mentioned it to the little white albino coach who used to work under L here one time, and he was balls hot for it too. He was schooled in that offense up there Consin way.