Coaching Carousel 2023

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If Kim intends to stay he would have quashed the rumors…and if a ploy to get a ease then F him, we’d be dealing with this bs every time the season ended.
Ditto - "I am and am remaining the Head Coach at George Mason. I have not and am not seeking the Providence job."

See - it is very easy to say that.

Someone said Kim is pissed, if that is true, the reason is because everyone found out before he wanted us too - not because people are spreading false information, as that can easily be refuted.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Ditto - "I am and am remaining the Head Coach at George Mason. I have not and am not seeking the Providence job."

Someone said Kim is pissed, if that is true, the reason is because everyone found out before he wanted us too - not because people are spreading false information, as that can easily be refuted.
Bingo. And he didn't get to tell the players before all hell broke loose which is kind of Pollyanna pie-in-the-sky nonsense. Take the good with the bad on this one, KE.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

Yes. If you're staying say it.
Just go already. You have already ruined your relationship here.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
We need our next coach lined up. At this point, give CKE a deadline. COB Thursday, you're in or you're out.
Perhaps Providence asked to wait until tomorrow to make the announcement so it wouldn’t be overshadowed by Cooley’s intro presser today?

Still think it’s far more likely than not that Kim is gone, as noted if he wasn’t interested it’s simple to post that on Insta and be done. But I guess anything can happen.

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Perhaps Providence asked to wait until tomorrow to make the announcement so it wouldn’t be overshadowed by Cooley’s intro presser today?

Still think it’s far more likely than not that Kim is gone, as noted if he wasn’t interested it’s simple to post that on Insta and be done. But I guess anything can happen.
In his defense, he was on a plane to Providence to accept the job, so he probably can't post that he is not going to Providence until after he landed.

Last edited:

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Time to bring Tony back home! Tony wants to be here and can actually build a program here as he wants to stay and be around the DMV since this is his home and alma mater.

At this point.... its time to hire him and see what he can do since this shitshow is going to take a while to rebuild. This way we can get our boys back in the fold (Lamar, JV, Jai, Will, etc.) as they will have his back big time when he becomes coach. His choices for assistant coaches will be very interesting.

Tony! Tony! Tony!

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Correct...Just write us our $1M check and we're done here.
Lawdog, you would know this better than me, but wouldn't Kim's contract with Providence state that in addition to his new salary and incentives they would also cover the buyout he owes us?

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Lawdog, you would know this better than me, but wouldn't Kim's contract with Providence state that in addition to his new salary and incentives they would also cover the buyout he owes us?
That's usually right.... the new team/contract usually will cover the buyout of the previous contract/school.