Christmas in March - My wishlist for GMU Bball 22-23

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
There is absolutely nothing impressive about LaSalle. That was the worst Division 1 basketball arena I have ever seen in my life. The only positives were that the parking was 5 feet from the door and the bathroom was practically in the gym.

I absolutely hated it. And thats coming from someone who visited Richmond Coliseum where I also hate it. :)

Lets just say if they asked for donations to help build a new arena, I'd throw money at it.

Fordham, on the other hand, I thought was the worst experience but this past experience wasn't too bad. The worst part was trying to get back on campus and justfiying that I was a guest to security who "didn't have a list". I could tell that they are trying a little harder with having a few more food options, a socialization area before the game etc. The arena could still use some work but it was much better than Lasalle. Also to your point about nearby options, those are nice draws for those coming down for a night or making a day out of the visit.
Yeah LaSalle is the worst arena in the A-10 by a longshot.

gmubrian

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
There is absolutely nothing impressive about LaSalle. That was the worst Division 1 basketball arena I have ever seen in my life. The only positives were that the parking was 5 feet from the door and the bathroom was practically in the gym.

I absolutely hated it. And thats coming from someone who visited Richmond Coliseum where I also hate it. :)

Lets just say if they asked for donations to help build a new arena, I'd throw money at it.

Fordham, on the other hand, I thought was the worst experience but this past experience wasn't too bad. The worst part was trying to get back on campus and justfiying that I was a guest to security who "didn't have a list". I could tell that they are trying a little harder with having a few more food options, a socialization area before the game etc. The arena could still use some work but it was much better than Lasalle. Also to your point about nearby options, those are nice draws for those coming down for a night or making a day out of the visit.
But, Lasalle has, by far, the best tasting popcorn of any arena I was in this year. Now, how it made you feel an hour later is another story.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
But, Lasalle has, by far, the best tasting popcorn of any arena I was in this year. Now, how it made you feel an hour later is another story.

I don’t know how you ate it. It was super buttery and I gave up. It added to the worst experience ever.

Although from the sound of it, I’m glad I gave up lol.

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
My Christmas wish list:

-Move the student section next to the Green Machine

-Get the Green Machine better uniforms

-No more singers in the Green Machine

-Ditch the black uniforms for a gold alternate

-Average 5K+ attendance per game

-A conference regular season title

-A Conference post season title
Singers rules. Have my BA in vocal performance!

psyclone

Hall of Famer
I've heard a few Mason grads sing at various commencement/convocation ceremonies over the years and been VERY impressed!

That said, with few exceptions, I much prefer the Green Machine instrumentals to the songs they do with a vocalist. Maybe it's a generational thing. I'm not a big fan of Rap

A few years back, they had someone who did Aretha-worthy versions of R-E-S-P-E-C-T and Think who was excellent. But the last few years I've been disappointed with the vocalists. Surely there are a few instrumentalists they could give solos to on occasion.

nynva

Preferred Walk-On

I say to security that I am going to Rose Hill for a basketball game ( have not had an issue) and stop at cosi on my way to the game or right after the game depending on how close it is to tipoff.