Cardboard Fan Cutouts at EBA this season

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Just got an email in regards to cutout board pick up:

We thank you for your support of George Mason Basketball through the purchase of a fan cutout during the 2020-21 basketball season. Your cutout is ready for pickup!

Due to the COVID-19 protocol of the Field House, pickup is being offered as a curbside pickup. When picking up cutouts you may pull up to the front of the Field House and call the Athletic Ticket Office at 703-993-3270, when calling please provide the name that was used to purchase the cutout(s).

Pickup is available Monday-Friday during the times 9:30am-12pm and 2pm-5pm. If you are unable to make these times please call to set up an appointment for pickup.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Picked up the boards today. As expected... only the remaining half of the team signed it. Really good quality boards though.

MasonByMarriage

Walk-On
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Cat died during the season. She still got to attend the rest of the games. Looking forward to bringing that one home. The ones with our mugs can go in a closet though.

He15man

Starter
Did many people buy these things for Mason games? I saw the note come out but didn't bother because it's not like I'd see the thing on TV or anything.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Did many people buy these things for Mason games? I saw the note come out but didn't bother because it's not like I'd see the thing on TV or anything.

Seemed like there were a few hundred of them. It was more about donating to the school when they had to help offset from no ticket revenues. But I saw my family on TV multiple times every game which was pretty cool.

He15man

Starter
Seemed like there were a few hundred of them. It was more about donating to the school when they had to help offset from no ticket revenues. But I saw my family on TV multiple times every game which was pretty cool.
Interesting. Probably should have done it in hindsight....

Old Man

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Unexpectedly it ended up being tax deductible too. Mason sent out a charitable gift letter. I didn't open it until after I filed my taxes. Go figure.
Not a CPA, but you can amend your return either now or next year. Is it worth it? ... dunno.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Not a CPA, but you can amend your return either now or next year. Is it worth it? ... dunno.
I think only $300 is deductible when taking the standard deduction. So any overages can carry over into the next year which I’ll do just that. Either way I’ll just claim it next year. Zero percent chance the IRA audits me.