Cabrera

GMURaider

Sixth Man
  • We joined the Atlantic 10 conference and won four conference championships on our inaugural season—men’s soccer, baseball and women’s indoor and outdoor track and field. Our results in men’s basketball were disappointing, but the national television exposure and as the six bids to the NCAA tournament reaffirmed the value of our decision. Tom O’Connor retired, and we hired Brad Edwards as our new Athletic Director.
http://president.gmu.edu/2014/07/a-year-in-brief-review. The man cares and wants to win. He clearly isn't happy with the win loss record we put up.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
He is a business man he knows what the deal is. Cabrera has the huevos to get the shit done.

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
  • We joined the Atlantic 10 conference and won four conference championships on our inaugural season—men’s soccer, baseball and women’s indoor and outdoor track and field. Our results in men’s basketball were disappointing, but the national television exposure and as the six bids to the NCAA tournament reaffirmed the value of our decision. Tom O’Connor retired, and we hired Brad Edwards as our new Athletic Director.
http://president.gmu.edu/2014/07/a-year-in-brief-review. The man cares and wants to win. He clearly isn't happy with the win loss record we put up.

"These numbers in fact put us firmly on track to achieve our goal of 100,000 graduates over the next 10 years, a strategic objective that ranks among our most ambitious. Here’s our point of departure. In 2012-13, we awarded 8,410 degrees and 549 certificates. Of those degrees, 59 percent (4,920) were undergraduate, and one-third (2,756) were in the humanities and social sciences, with an additional 40 percent (3,331) pretty evenly distributed among education, business and engineering. Our graduates also earned 261 law degrees, 249 PhDs, and 2,980 Masters. No other four-year institution in the Commonwealth awarded more degrees. We anticipate similar numbers this year, and gradual overall increases thereafter."

And yet vcu loves to bust our chops.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Damn, I always get those meanings mixed up. Kind of like my favorite Thai restaurant is Busara, which because "trash" if you mistakenly call it Basura.

The benefits of having a family that mirrors Modern Family - I am the bi-lingual Al Bundy.

wijg

Starter
The benefits of having a family that mirrors Modern Family .
I thought your life partner was a chick based on descriptions posted on here... Did you adopt Asian kids, too? What state did you get married in? :D

Oh wait, you meant the other couple. Maybe you should have referenced Jay Prichett instead...

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I thought your life partner was a chick based on descriptions posted on here... Did you adopt Asian kids, too? What state did you get married in? :D

Oh wait, you meant the other couple. Maybe you should have referenced Jay Prichett instead...

No more like this:

sofia-vergara-is-the-highest-earning-tv-actress-by-a-landslide.jpg

psyclone

Hall of Famer

On the main website today, there's this on Mason's branding profile that's worth a look.
http://newsdesk.gmu.edu/2014/07/mas...ail&utm_term=0_3ec8f92cf1-54960fde5e-13415341

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I was hoping for a new athletic logo.

I have hated the IDEA crap, especially "accessible" which made us sound like a community college. So I am glad they are doing away with the IDEA logo.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I am just happy they took a comprehensive and professional approach towards this. The fact this was started a year ago shows it is something that was considered a priority when Cabrera came on board. Well done.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Viva Cabrera!

Despite everything that Merten did to stabilize Mason's finances and expand the campus, I can't help but think that Cabrera is exactly what the university needs to take the next step and completely eliminate the "commuter school" stigma.

No more stodgy academics, thank you very much.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Well done. The man swings a big stick. Well done at first go around for him at Mason.