Cabrera meets Larranaga

Washingtonian

Hall of Famer
Ángel Cabrera‏@CabreraAngel
Getting ready for the 10th anniversary of Mason's #FinalFour, delighted to finally meet the great Coach L!

CDmoMxsWEAEJFrY.jpg

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Wow. I honestly didn't think he would ever show his face on campus again.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Glad he did - don't think GMU's last coach will though.
speaking of which, has Hewitt been interviewed by anyone since being fired? I don't think I've seen anything from him. And that just proves how far we had fallen...nobody cares to talk to him about it.

MasonFanatic

Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
This might be in South Beach. Not 100% certain but the pictures on the wall sure look like Miami players to me.
Oh, you're right. I mistakenly assumed it was Fairfax. I guess L did keep some of his F4 memorabilia after all (the chair, at least).

P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
Seriously doubt he will ever be back in Fairfax. At least to visit G Mas.

GreenLantern

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Completely disagree. The two main reasons he left are gone, and it sounds like the new administration is ready to embrace our past.
Once Coach P gets the program on track, I can see Coach L coming back in some celebratory manner

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
This is a very interesting pic on many levels.

A) they are discussing what to do and or say about all the weed money Mikiri hid in Patriot Center.

B) AC came to personally invite him back to celebrate the 10 yr ff run.

C) they just want to piss off Jollay.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

A) they are discussing what to do and or say about all the weed money Mikiri hid in Patriot Center.

D) Cabrera is looking for advice on how to get one of those squiggly lines over his last name to make him appear more "ethnic."

A most unwelcome surprise.

However, smart move by Larranaga. With his ship sinking fast in Miami, he's trying to get in good with the fan base that made him famous again.

It is possible his senility has rendered him unable to distinguish between his current and former employer, as well.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR

A) probably not
B) likely reason
C) icing on the cake

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Oh, you're right. I mistakenly assumed it was Fairfax. I guess L did keep some of his F4 memorabilia after all (the chair, at least).

He's got some other Mason stuff in his office. If you skip to 1:50, Coach L also show's off his Final Four Bobble Heads in his Miami office.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
What I like is Cabrera sees the Final Four as important. He makes the effort to visit Coach L in Miami. Big balls there El Presidente. And Jim you are right - it is a big F you to TOC and even Merten.