Brad, what's taking so long?

2-6 on the season. The season is lost. Brad Edwards needs to send a message to the fan base, and let them know that change is coming, and now. We have Catawba, Iona, Wright State and Oklahoma coming up. We will be lucky to win 2 of those games. A 4-8 start before A-10 basketball should be enough to can him, right?

Lockett and Mayimba (not eligible) out for the year, Royal (bust) out for a month, Marko (non-existent), Copes (over hyped again by Hewitt), no depth in the back court. This team is pathetic. I'm embarrassed to call this assembled "team" my alma mater.

I prefer he fires Hewitt before the first A-10 game. My $.02

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I would hope that Edwards is making his list, checking it twice, gonna find out who has been successful and then #FirePaulHewitt and #HireJayLarranaga or some other young aggressive coach.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
2-6 on the season. The season is lost. Brad Edwards needs to send a message to the fan base, and let them know that change is coming, and now. We have Catawba, Iona, Wright State and Oklahoma coming up. We will be lucky to win 2 of those games. A 4-8 start before A-10 basketball should be enough to can him, right?

Lockett and Mayimba (not eligible) out for the year, Royal (bust) out for a month, Marko (non-existent), Copes (over hyped again by Hewitt), no depth in the back court. This team is pathetic. I'm embarrassed to call this assembled "team" my alma mater.

So, who is your choose to serve as the interim head coach for the remainder of the season?

For those people wanting the decision made before March 1st (to save the bonus money) it was pointed out to me recently that Mason's schedule would make the timing tough. The team goes to Dayton and then St Louis the week leading up to March 1st, including playing in St Louis on Feb 28th.

So if they were to make the move....does it come prior to Dayton? Does the team come home between games? Not sure it would be possible to let him go after the St Louis game on the road. That would be really weird I think (or "I believe" so as not upset a certain poster here).

Pablo

Hall of Famer
So,
For those people wanting the decision made before March 1st (to save the bonus money) it was pointed out to me recently that Mason's schedule would make the timing tough. The team goes to Dayton and then St Louis the week leading up to March 1st, including playing in St Louis on Feb 28th.

So if they were to make the move....does it come prior to Dayton? Does the team come home between games? Not sure it would be possible to let him go after the St Louis game on the road. That would be really weird I think (or "I believe" so as not upset a certain poster here).

I would hope that, if necessary, Brad Edwards would take the road trip with the team and advise Coach Hewitt that he's been terminated.

gmu05

Starter

LOL, you honestly think he's going to fire him after 8 games?

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Has mason basketball ever pulled the trigger mid season or all the firings end of season ?

I believe that this case is different because of the longevity bonus of $85,000, effective March 1. Hopefully, the team will start winning and it won't be necessary to take any action before the end of this season. If not, I believe that it is inexcusable if Mason allows Hewitt to earn another longevity bonus.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Here is the other scenario-
its mid-Feb and Edwards knows he is going to get a new coach. Its possible he makes a deal with Hewitt to forego the $85k bonus and lets Hewitt coach until season's end.

I'm not saying this is ideal, but if we get to March 1st and Hewitt is still coach, lets not all assume he is receiving the $85k bonus.

KAOriginal

All-American
Mon February 23rd.

Or I think we can all agree he can afford to buy his own plane ticket home from Dayton or St. Louis if need be.....

If he is still here 3/1...I am going to become very, very worried....

Pablo

Hall of Famer
Here is the other scenario-
its mid-Feb and Edwards knows he is going to get a new coach. Its possible he makes a deal with Hewitt to forego the $85k bonus and lets Hewitt coach until season's end.

I'm not saying this is ideal, but if we get to March 1st and Hewitt is still coach, lets not all assume he is receiving the $85k bonus.

If he's still the coach on March 1, I will assume that he's earned the longevity bonus. Did he give Georgia Tech a discount when they fired him?

Vurbel

Hall of Famer
If he's let go before March 1 the interim only will coach as few as 3 games, vs. GW, at vcu, and the A10 play-in game.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Let's see how long before this reply is deleted.

ask when fph.JPG

OP
p8triotfan4life

p8triotfan4life

Starter
honestly Pablo. It really doesn't matter who's the coach for the rest of the year. They all deserve to be fired. We gave them 4 years to produce. I don't' exactly feel bad for them. They took our money and ran with it.

Pablo

Hall of Famer
honestly Pablo. It really doesn't matter who's the coach for the rest of the year. They all deserve to be fired. We gave them 4 years to produce. I don't' exactly feel bad for them. They took our money and ran with it.

P8,

You started this thread, so you have to choose!