Brad Edwards resigns

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
KE gave Mason a million dollar donation. That’s almost on the McKay level!

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
KE gave Mason a million dollar donation. That’s almost on the McKay level!
I'm not sure if you are joking but the premise was that instead of the 1m being spent on Kim, its going to pay for Tony.

patriotchild

Starter
Let me clarify. I’m considering Edward's hires for basketball a flop. Paulsen and KE both average and not realizing Edwards goal of building the program and getting back to the tournament. Now that KE left he can’t write anything to the Edwards legacy and seems similar to what others have said. A lot of smoke no substance.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Umm when we getting a new AD? Lol. Maybe Dr. Washington wants football, and that’s why this is taking forever. No one wants that job lol.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Umm when we getting a new AD? Lol. Maybe Dr. Washington wants football, and that’s why this is taking forever. No one wants that job lol.
Don't bet on getting a football team. At a recent faculty senate meeting, Dr. Washington indicated that the university's finances are stretched very thin and that we can't count on the Legislature to make up the difference. Didn't quite call for a hiring freeze, but indicated that we won't be able to move toward growth goals with our current resources.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
We should be hearing about finalists and hiring within the month. Contracts usually end June 30th.

My guesses based on how last time went.

KAOriginal

All-American

Try this on..Mason, in an effort to be light years ahead of other schools and place itself in the upper echelon of research universities and save a TON of money....

Will collaborate with OpenAI for the world's first virtual AD. Imagine MaxHeadroom backed by Chatgpt.

Boom....you heard it here first!

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Don't bet on getting a football team. At a recent faculty senate meeting, Dr. Washington indicated that the university's finances are stretched very thin and that we can't count on the Legislature to make up the difference. Didn't quite call for a hiring freeze, but indicated that we won't be able to move toward growth goals with our current resources.
I don’t even want football, but I just think this is insane to be without one for this long.

OP
M

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I don’t even want football, but I just think this is insane to be without one for this long.
You're concerns are definitely on the mark. I have to look into this more and ask folks more, but in general contracts with ADs don't end until June 30th. That said, they probably are moving pretty slowly considering they had an interim and they had many senior folks help run things.

If I had to guess, we'll have an announcement about a new AD within a month, and they'll start July 1st.

I just googled "how long does it take to hire an Athletic Director" and funny enough the job description for the Mason AD job popped up. It wasn't posted until mid January and it was open until the end of February.