Bobble Head Giveaway Vote

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
http://www.gomason.com/quest/Questionaire.dbml?QID=254421&DB_OEM_ID=25200

So it looks like Mason is taking a vote to decide who the bobble head character should be for the Giveaway for opening night. I'm liking how they are giving fans a say and that Mason is even doing something legit for Opening night. Maybe this is a sign that things are starting to turnaround in our Athletics/Marking depts.

The options are:

Paul Revere - Other than being a Patriot, irrelevant to our university.
The Patriot (mascot) - Awesome. But I believe this was the giveaway in 2007 or 2008?
Doc Nix - The band sells them every game for fundraising. We don't want to take away from their potential fundraising revenues.
George Mason (The man) - I think we have a winner. I've seen George bobble heads before but I don't recall seeing any as giveaways in recent years. Anyone have one and knows where it came from?
Patrick Henry - Other than being a Patriot, fellow Virginian and having involvement with the US bill of rights, irrelevant to our university compared to other candidates.
Crispus Attucks
- Had to google this one. Sounds like a snack or something. Mason is filling the Quota and trying to stay PC on this one.

Notice they didn't have Paul Hewitt as an option. I guess Mason is saving the trouble of having to pick up a bunch of broken bobble heads. However they didn't have El Presidente as an option either.

Anyone have any other insights or possible write in suggestions?

GMURaider

Sixth Man
I propose a write in campaign for Dre Smith. He was one of the more beloved Patriots. He holds the NCAA 3 point record with 10 in a row at JMU. He was a key part of the 2008 CAA Champs team. Honoring Dre Smith would be a nice step away from milking the 2006 cow which went barren years ago....

mason89

Starter

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
Not saying Dre isn't deserving, but all who were honored with CAA Player of the Year should get a bobble head before we move to other great players.

Afton Mtn Patriot

Preferred Walk-On
The athletic department and MBB offices need to find a way to remind the fans of Mason's winning tradition. I'd like to see them do a series of giveaways/events honoring some of our more recent memorable moments and successes. Things that come to mind:

Dre Smith's 10 for 10 game
Sherrod Wright's buzzer beater(s)
Mike Morrison's "exclamation" dunk against Villanova
Ryan Pearson's CAA Player of the Year honor
2008 CAA Championship season
2011 win streak and NCAA Tournament victory

I like where they are going with the opening night giveaway and fan vote, but it still seems a little bit half-a**ed to me. Make it basketball specific and steer away from the boring patriotic stuff.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I would add Cool Hand Luke's exclamation 3 point shot against Villanova.

OP
The Great PATSby

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
REALLY?!?! So, being the first person to give his life in the creation of our country is "filling the Quota" or "trying to stay PC?" This is the definition of being a patriot. You really do need to brush up on your history.

There are a lot more Patriots that are higher up on the list than Crispus. Why Crispus and not the 4 others that died along side him at the Boston Massacre? Sure he was the first but others were there right with him. Why is it that he needs to be soloed out? Hmmmmmmm

GMURaider

Sixth Man
Walter: I think Dre is deserving of a bobble head whereas George Evans would be deserving of a jersey retired or a bronze head bust in the Patriot Center concourse. I think they could have used this to educate the younger fans about our tradition. The reality is the incoming Patriot Platooners don't know who Dre Smith is let alone George Evans.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Walter: I think Dre is deserving of a bobble head whereas George Evans would be deserving of a jersey retired or a bronze head bust in the Patriot Center concourse. I think they could have used this to educate the younger fans about our tradition. The reality is the incoming Patriot Platooners don't know who Dre Smith is let alone George Evans.

We have a new AD and a new President so maybe the obstacle over what to do about Carlos Yates might be gone.