Best Dunk in Mason's History?

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Birdsong at number 8 was awesome. Cam Long over Larry Sanders at vcu at number 9. Cam was clearly fouled but got no call since Sanders was supposed to be the next great NBA center. What a joke. George Evans over David Fanning at JMU at number 5. Three of my all time faves.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGpEez0xq24&t=16s

Both of those would have been called a foul today (defenders would have been inside the circle under the basket).

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
What about Luke Hancock inbounding the ball off a defender’s back, catching it and going straight up for a dunk for sheer audacity? I can’t remember who that was against.
William and Mary.

Also there was an alleyoop to Mike Morrison that was a pretty cool dunk. I think it came from Cornelius?

Verdad

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Evans at JMU is a clear #1 IMO.

Cam over Sanders probably #2, and then all the others mentioned (included the Morrison slam to seal the deal against Villanova) are all honorable mentions.

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Malik’s oop at home against LaSalle two years ago was nasty. Ball was basically above the square when he went up and got it.

FreeGunston12

All-American
I'd go with Cam dunking on Sanders as best of all-time. Keep looking at it and just amazes.... a 6'2ish guard dunking on a center of his caliber. Clean dunk
Agreed, at least from the clips shown so far. Can we just all pretend that Tony Skinn's big dunk happened at Mason and not overseas though? That would easily be #1.

And someone help remind me which game Oduro had his real nice dunk in last year? Should get a mention at least.