Beer Sales at Games???

EXpatriot13

All-Conference
GIVING DAY 2023
I wish they would do this. For the out-of-town fan who doesn't have season tix or access to the Gold Room, I'd welcome this with open arms.

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If beer sales helps drive revenue to the athletic dept, it should be done. this is a no-brainer, IMO.

JimP

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I wish they would do this. For the out-of-town fan who doesn't have season tix or access to the Gold Room, I'd welcome this with open arms.

This out-of-towner wholeheartedly agrees. Something to sip on between trips to Brion's would be nice.

Patriot Lawdog

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Talked to a friend who is very involved in the WVU alumni program and they instituted this last year apparently. He said the increased revenue was more than what they expected and that the security/behavior issues were less. Shockingly, college students did not want to buy expensive beers.... Seems like a logical thing to do.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Talked to a friend who is very involved in the WVU alumni program and they instituted this last year apparently. He said the increased revenue was more than what they expected and that the security/behavior issues were less. Shockingly, college students did not want to buy expensive beers.... Seems like a logical thing to do.

I know a lot of the MVC teams (and former MVC teams) allow beer sales at their games and it's been cited as one of the reasons why have such great attendance numbers at their games.

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
If beer sales helps drive revenue to the athletic dept, it should be done. this is a no-brainer, IMO.

Does the athletic department benefit from concession sales now? I honestly don't know the answer. With how many people go to the gold/green rooms before and during games, I'm not sure how much $ beer sales would generate. Of course, having a wet arena might allow for PC members to carry beers back to their seats like they do sodas now, which would be amazing.

Harry

Starter
I would certainly see more national anthem renditions and starts of the second half if they let me take a beer back to my seat...