Auburn Roll Call (NOT THE OFFICIAL GAME THREAD - DON'T SHOOT ME!)

GMU79

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I've always gotten the sense that the hate was mutual too--I have a friend who went to 'Bama and he HATES TENN because TENN ratted on Alabama about something football related. I don't remember the specifics.
GO VOLS! GO SMOKEY! GO ROCKY TOP!

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I've always gotten the sense that the hate was mutual too--I have a friend who went to 'Bama and he HATES TENN because TENN ratted on Alabama about something football related. I don't remember the specifics.

Fulmer threw them under the bus to the NCAA over recruiting violations/paying recruits in order to avoid getting hammered for doing it himself.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Fulmer threw them under the bus to the NCAA over recruiting violations/paying recruits in order to avoid getting hammered for doing it himself.
I don't particularly love the state of sister cousins and all that but why did every rest stop in TN have tons of used needles on the ground when I walked my dog on a cross country trip. Seems like apples to oranges in shitty states to me.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I don't particularly love the state of sister cousins and all that but why did every rest stop in TN have tons of used needles on the ground when I walked my dog on a cross country trip. Seems like apples to oranges in shitty states to me.
I suggest your dog hold his business until you are out of the free state of Tennessee if you are offended by vcu grads disposing of their needles as they drive from Richmond to Memphis to get shot at in a different city.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Putting aside the true reasons for your habitual rest stop visitations, the answer to your question is, because we were hoping to discourage you from coming back.
fully carpeted crappy airports, overhyped music, needles and meth mouth clearly aren't for me. In all seriousness Knoxville and Nashville are awesome but the rest of that state needs to be on fixer upper

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
You forgot Chattanooga which has a lot of the same appeal as Knoxville on a smaller scale. Like much of America though, some of the more rural communities and small towns have seen better days.

If you'd like to keep up with the carpeting at BNA, it's Insta has almost 30K followers.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
If you'd like to keep up with the carpeting at BNA, it's Insta has almost 30K followers.
I'm convinced that the morons who decided to install carpeting at airports across the country have never tried to pull a carry-on suitcase with wheels. It's like a full-body workout at some larger airports like Dulles.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I'm convinced that the morons who decided to install carpeting at airports across the country have never tried to pull a carry-on suitcase with wheels. It's like a full-body workout at some larger airports like Dulles.
Amen - as someone who travels a bit and invested in real good luggage with solid roller wheels to make my life easier - I could not agree with this more. I hate airport carpet. I also hate airport bathrooms with the effing automatic flush center that causes a whirlpool tsunami before you can get up and away from the carnage.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Amen - as someone who travels a bit and invested in real good luggage with solid roller wheels to make my life easier - I could not agree with this more. I hate airport carpet. I also hate airport bathrooms with the effing automatic flush center that causes a whirlpool tsunami before you can get up and away from the carnage.

Look on the bright side, the alternative is having to go on the plane…

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
Amen - as someone who travels a bit and invested in real good luggage with solid roller wheels to make my life easier
I got an Away suitcase for my B-day a couple years back and it's possibly the best present I've ever received.

My travel challenge is not carpeting, but airlines. Southwest has upwards of 60% of the flights going out of Nashville. And I don't even mind the airline even w/it's lack of biz-traveler focus, it's consistently on time and I can reschedule w/out penalty. The problem is the in-bound flights have an overabundance of "Whoo Girls" heading in for their bachelorette party who are going to take down this city because "Nashville is not ready for us! Whoooo!!!!"

(and no, believe me honey, we've seen your BWG Karen crew in matching t-shirts and pink cowboy hats drunk on a scooter falling off a curb or on a party bus w/your fat friend twerking a million times. Don't confuse being sick of you w/not ready for you)

Also, Yay Basketball. Bruce Pearl is slimier than old fish.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
I got an Away suitcase for my B-day a couple years back and it's possibly the best present I've ever received.

My travel challenge is not carpeting, but airlines. Southwest has upwards of 60% of the flights going out of Nashville. And I don't even mind the airline even w/it's lack of biz-traveler focus, it's consistently on time and I can reschedule w/out penalty. The problem is the in-bound flights have an overabundance of "Whoo Girls" heading in for their bachelorette party who are going to take down this city because "Nashville is not ready for us! Whoooo!!!!"

(and no, believe me honey, we've seen your BWG Karen crew in matching t-shirts and pink cowboy hats drunk on a scooter falling off a curb or on a party bus w/your fat friend twerking a million times. Don't confuse being sick of you w/not ready for you)

Also, Yay Basketball. Bruce Pearl is slimier than old fish.
I have heard about the Away suitcases. I will look into those. And concur on the drunk women parties on Southwest. Seen them on Spirit as well.

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
A man of such class and self pride flies spirit?
Was not my choice kind sir - it was a last minute trip planned by friends. I am a Delta/United person. Sometimes you have to take what you can get based on schedule. I prefer direct flights to the fullest extent possible.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Was not my choice kind sir - it was a last minute trip planned by friends. I am a Delta/United person. Sometimes you have to take what you can get based on schedule. I prefer direct flights to the fullest extent possible.
I also had to take a Spirit flight as part of a United connection and was pleasantly surprised. Once my shift for flying the plane was over, I was able to relax for the remainder of the flight.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I also had to take a Spirit flight as part of a United connection and was pleasantly surprised. Once my shift for flying the plane was over, I was able to relax for the remainder of the flight.
first of all that is hilarious... My only Spirit adventure was to get my home from Chicago during March after COVID officially hit America and AA canceled my flight. I saw he worst in humanity and three fights on that 1.5 hour plane ride. Never EVER again