Athletic Director Tom O'Connor Announces Retirement

psyclone

Hall of Famer
You're right an announcement should come this weekend, .....

Seems pretty quick if they just brought 3 to campus this week. I would think the search committee needs to decide, pass it up to the President, and then the negotiations begin. Top choice doesn't necessarily accept.

KAOriginal

All-American
Seems pretty quick if they just brought 3 to campus this week. I would think the search committee needs to decide, pass it up to the President, and then the negotiations begin. Top choice doesn't necessarily accept.

Like our HC hire...its needs to be quick and make a splash....

wijg

Starter
An friend of mine (who knows very little about Mason sports) that works with one of the members of the selection committee overheard him repeatedly mention a name that sounded like Merten (but with a funny accent) and that "she" was coming to campus this weekend. I told him he must have heard it wrong, that our former president was Merten and "he" lives locally already. My friend insisted that he heard it correctly.

I think my friend must have heard them talking about something else but thought I would throw that out there in case it makes any sense to one of you.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
AD doesnt do well with names like Paul and Merten/Merhtens. Yikes!

99 Patriot

Starter
GIVING DAY 2023
She is not a finalist at all. All three are well qualified folks I think these boards would only find mild grievances with.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Why are you continuing to be cryptic just tell us who they are!

It's kind of sad - when most schools go through a change at AD the local newspaper is all over it. You always hear who the finalists are - little bios of each... of course we get nothing. I wish we had a local newspaper that cared about Mason.

Yeah, Patriot 99 is such a cock...teasing us that he knows who the finalists are but not telling us who.

Are the finalists girls or boys? White or minority? Transexual, bisexual or homosexual?

wijg

Starter
A correction on the list of remaining candidates. I am told that Charles Bradley was one of the last candidates eliminated. The third finalist is from some place called Mission College. Two names were specified, but not sure which one is the actual candidate:

Corey Cafferata
Mike Perez