Are you happy we hired Kim English as our Head Coach?

Are you happy we hired Kim English as the GMU Head Coach?

• Yes

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • No

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Need More Time to Tell

Votes: 24 31.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FreeGunston12

All-American
I'm teetering back to yes. But this run does just kinda scream we had no business losing to Loyola, St Joe's, going 0-3 in the Paradise Jam, etc. . . Proves we have a capable team that seriously underperformed for 2/3 of the season.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I'm teetering back to yes. But this run does just kinda scream we had no business losing to Loyola, St Joe's, going 0-3 in the Paradise Jam, etc. . . Proves we have a capable team that seriously underperformed for 2/3 of the season.

I think Oduro, Ticket, and Cooper underperformed.

Fernandez had to get used to game speed.

Polite and Singleton were still figuring things out.

It’s all coming together at the right time.

patriotchild

Starter
This season is a frustrating rollercoaster for sure. Think it’s pretty clear the talent was always there and there’s a lot of “what ifs” to look back on.

I’m still not convinced we’re playing to full potential but it’s way better to see the upswing vs. Fading into oblivion for another season.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Or he will use his remaining eligibility elsewhere. The coaches are still out there recruiting 23 prospects, so some scholarships are coming from somewhere.

I have no clue what is happening, but that tweet could've just as easily been a signal to other programs - "hey, recruit me". Time will tell.

I outlined it in another post too. We recruited 3 freshman to replace the 3 players who have exhausted their eligibility.

Then there are two seniors who have COVID year eligibility remaining; Oduro and Ticket

And then there is the back of the bench, players who might not see a whole lot (or any) playing time next year: P. Oduro, Blake, Nnaji.

It’s likely we lose at least one of the 5 players from bucket 2 and 3, probably a few, but we don’t know who yet.

OP
TweederGMU

TweederGMU

All-Conference
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Or he will use his remaining eligibility elsewhere. The coaches are still out there recruiting 23 prospects, so some scholarships are coming from somewhere.

I have no clue what is happening, but that tweet could've just as easily been a signal to other programs - "hey, recruit me". Time will tell.
Seriously doubt that. He followed KE to GMU and wanted to be coached by him. He's not going to transfer a 3rd time.

He's either going to come back for 1 more year or go overseas and play.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
No doubt the team definitely underperformed and had no reason to lose some of these games. But to @GMUSSTN point, I'd much rather finish strong than finish with a limp into the A10 tournament.

When we have Ticket and Ronny together, our record is very good. I think its something like 14-4 at this juncture but someone could do the research and check since I am lazy.

Its obviously a cherrypicked stat, but it continues to beat the mantra of "How Ronny goes, the team goes", and just how important Ticket is to our team on both sides of the floor.

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I am 0% confident that Josh is coming back.

If he does not, I hope he uses the portal to transfer to use his last year at a top level P6 school to boost his chance at the NBA or enhance his move to Europe. He deserves our support if that's his dream.

GSII

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023

If he does not, I hope he uses the portal to transfer to use his last year at a top level P6 school to boost his chance at the NBA or enhance his move to Europe. He deserves our support if that's his dream.
Why not stay here and do that? He has a good amount to prove after the slow start this season. Unless it's a blue blood stay here and be the next Marcus Camby of the A10.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023

If Josh stays in school, leaving Mason for one year in a new system with new coaches and new teammates would be about the dumbest thing he could do.

Still think he’s gonna go pro, but I’ll be absolutely gobsmacked if he winds up in the portal.

GMUgemini

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
If Josh stays in school, leaving Mason for one year in a new system with new coaches and new teammates would be about the dumbest thing he could do.

Still think he’s gonna go pro, but I’ll be absolutely gobsmacked if he winds up in the portal.

I was just watching Liem’s senior day video, was English trying to get the crowd to chant “one more year” when Oduro came out?

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Seriously doubt that. He followed KE to GMU and wanted to be coached by him. He's not going to transfer a 3rd time.

He's either going to come back for 1 more year or go overseas and play.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Ticket have to sit out a season if he transfers elsewhere? He already used his "free" transfer to come to Mason, right?

And, help me out here: Is this Ticket's fouth or fifth season in the NCAA? If it's his fifth year now then he can't transfer. He would have to sit out his last year of eligibility, correct?

Given the above assumptuons, if Ticket wants to play then he must play at Mason.

Last edited:

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Ticket have to sit out a season if he transfers elsewhere? He already used his "free" transfer to come to Mason, right?

And, help me out here: Is this Ticket's fouth or fifth season in the NCAA? If it's his fifth year now then he can't transfer. He would have to sit out his last year of eligibility, correct?

Given the above assumptuons, if Ticket wants to play then he must play at Mason.
This is Ticket's 4th yr--2 at Tennessee, 2 at Mason.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
This is Ticket's 4th yr--2 at Tennessee, 2 at Mason.
I'm going off Tweeder's statement above that another transfer for Ticket would be his third one. Was that a correct statement? Has Ticket already transferred twice? I could go look uo this stuff, but why bother when someone here already knows. I'm too lazy today.