Are we fading away like UMass did after their Final 4?

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Nobody is arguing that we’ve had enough 3-point shooting. We clearly haven’t. Guess I’m just missing the boat on Allen Effing Bertrand as the second coming of JJ Redick.
dude you tout kids averaging 18 in high school playing against bleh competition but a guy who averaged 13.6 while shooting 39% from 3 in Division 1 basketball at Towson that 4-5 other A10 schools were trying have transfer to them has to be the next JJ Redick lol.

I am sorry you don't appreciate much basketball outside of the tiny mediocre bubble of Mason but I appreciate posts about who our opponents are successfully recruiting, especially those that have had success playing college basketball before. I am sorry you don't agree and only think players that choose Mason are worth talking about

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
dude you tout kids averaging 18 in high school playing against bleh competition but a guy who averaged 13.6 while shooting 39% from 3 in Division 1 basketball at Towson that 4-5 other A10 schools were trying have transfer to them has to be the next JJ Redick lol.

I am sorry you don't appreciate much basketball outside of the tiny mediocre bubble of Mason

And you seem to delight in crapping all over many of the players on the team you pay money to watch. I find that bizarre.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
And you seem to delight in crapping all over many of the players on the team you pay money to watch. I find that bizarre.
I can't comment on anything with you whining about me being negative. I am definitely going to nominate you for "Paulsen's best fan friend" I hope he gives you a call or something maybe an autograph. Not shitting on any of our players just pissed that Rhode Island got the kid right after Jollay warned us about how good he is and that we should hope he doesn't choose A10

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It won’t be, but if the worst thing anyone could say about me when I die is that I was irrationally non-objective about Mason Basketball, I could live with that.
I would go with more with "creepily devoted to defending and praising every move another male of similar age that is a non relative or friend makes whether they were proved to be successful or a failure". I think that fits a bit better than irrationally non-objective. You are the master of positive spin even when you are proved to be fact less almost all of the time. But I do think you probably are a damn good opinion piece writer and successful in your field.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I can't comment on anything with you whining about me being negative. I am definitely going to nominate you for "Paulsen's best fan friend" I hope he gives you a call or something maybe an autograph. Not shitting on any of our players just pissed that Rhode Island got the kid right after Jollay warned us about how good he is and that we should hope he doesn't choose A10

It seems like you get mad every time somebody else in our league signs a good recruit. Seems like a tough way to go through life but I guess I’m just old and don’t understand.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I would go with more with "creepily devoted to defending and praising every move another male of similar age that is a non relative or friend makes whether they were proved to be successful or a failure". I think that fits a bit better than irrationally non-objective. You are the master of positive spin even when you are proved to be fact less almost all of the time. But I do think you probably are a damn good opinion piece writer and successful in your field.

Nah nobody would pay me a dime for my opinions. That was Jollay’s specialty.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
It seems like you get mad every time somebody else in our league signs a good recruit. Seems like a tough way to go through life but I guess I’m just old and don’t understand.
I get PISSED when everyone in our league signs recruits that I want to play for Mason. Genuinely pissed. Bertrand does not fall on that list because I never heard of him until Jollay praised him. But there is a long list that Paulsen has either not recruited or failed to sign that teams equal or lesser than us have signed that prove to be great players. It should piss you off too..

I wouldn't be pissed if we actually won meaningful basketball games because that would mean Paulsen knows exactly what he is doing... until then I will continue to be pissed

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It was so nice of you guys to have an airing of grievances in honor of Jerry Stiller passing away.

Actually I didn't know Rhodey was a final choice...thought it was Richmond and Dayton but maybe I read that wrong and it was Rhodey and Dayton.

It's never just one guy I get upset about...don't really care about Bertrand....my view is very limited but I see the local recruits and I see a lot of good-sized shooting guards we could have used ending up in the CAA.

Matt Lewis was the first but only reason I didn't care much about that was we got Kier instead. Which is hilarious. But I see a guy at Delaware, Bertrand at Towson, etc. and it pisses me off.

Still, I think this recruiting class may finally be the tits. So I'll be cool if it is.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
there is a long list that Paulsen has either not recruited or failed to sign that teams equal or lesser than us have signed that prove to be great players.

Come on Matt, you could literally compile that type of list for every coach in America if you were interested.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Come on Matt, you could literally compile that type of list for every coach in America if you were interested.
You probably can but why would I to coaches that prove they can consistently win games? I don't ask for a ton.... Fun game to watch (his offense and defense is horrible on the naked eye), competitive in A10 (top 5 most years), decent schedule that is not completely fluff and players graduating on time and not becoming felons while at Mason..... Paulsen does one of these 4 things very well. I don't think he's a good in game coach, we are hardly competitive most years, and our schedules are absolutely jokes.... He recruits good kids that do well in the classroom, but so far I haven't seen enough good in MY categories to support the guy. I also haven't shit on his recruiting until the Reuter year made me totally turn against him and open my eyes. Well take that back as I shit on Danny Dixon and Kam Murrell but they were horrible at basketball.

Jeez I just looked up Kam Murrell because I thought he had decent size for a SG...not as good as I thought, 6'2" but I just spit out my drink reading "season best 15 points in a win over Lebanon Valley"

Dear God. Was that a real game?

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Actually I didn't know Rhodey was a final choice...thought it was Richmond and Dayton but maybe I read that wrong and it was Rhodey and Dayton.

It's never just one guy I get upset about...don't really care about Bertrand....my view is very limited but I see the local recruits and I see a lot of good-sized shooting guards we could have used ending up in the CAA.

Matt Lewis was the first but only reason I didn't care much about that was we got Kier instead. Which is hilarious. But I see a guy at Delaware, Bertrand at Towson, etc. and it pisses me off.

Still, I think this recruiting class may finally be the tits. So I'll be cool if it is.

How would you compare this recruiting class to the original 2015 class, which IMO was probably the class with the most talent/potential that I've ever seen coming into Mason?

tblack33

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Jeez I just looked up Kam Murrell because I thought he had decent size for a SG...not as good as I thought, 6'2" but I just spit out my drink reading "season best 15 points in a win over Lebanon Valley"

Dear God. Was that a real game?
He still looked like a giant standing next to Otis haha.