Are we fading away like UMass did after their Final 4?

OP
P

PoorManProfit

Spectator
We’re talking about Towson. Not Dayton. Towson.

Year over year results aside, anyone who thinks their program is superior to ours is an idiot.

I didn't say superior fanboy. I said better. Which, in this case, ain't saying shit.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I didn't forget him, he just played 3/4 for an undersized team and wasn't a two guard.

Ok so what you’re saying is Paulsen actually has recruited a 6-5 ace 3-point shooting wing. Whether he had to play up a spot for us at times is beside the point.

Again there’s enough to criticize about the coach’s actual performance without needing to make shit up.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Jaire was a wing coming out of HS but you already know that
I don't get why this is confusing you. A 2 guard that is 6 foot 5 and a deadly shooter has never been successfully recruited AND utilized at George Mason University during Paulsen's tenure. Paulsen recruited a 2-3 (Jaire) and turned him into a tiny 3-4 and that is the closest we have been to accomplishing it. How in any part of the above you could disagree with really confuses me. Jollay didn't say anything false in any of his statements but you choose to disagree.. it is confusing Jim. Jaire was also listed as a 2 in every recruiting site I have checked other than the one in your head

Ok so what you’re saying is Paulsen actually has recruited a 6-5 ace 3-point shooting wing. Whether he had to play up a spot for us at times is beside the point.

Again there’s enough to criticize about the coach’s actual performance without needing to make shit up.

The whole point is we need an A-10 sized SG/2 who can shoot. Grayer almost never played the 2.

Also, even if you grant that he did deliver Grayer, he still hasn't delivered nearly enough perimeter shooting.

That's not in a vacuum, that is also tied into his inability thus far to recruit A-10 caliber big men as well. And yes, it does negate Grayer being a good-sized wing when you have to play him at the four along side Livingston, Boyd, and Kier.

Without scoring big men it allows defenses to play the perimeter more, and thus, hinder outside shooting more.

And let's also not pretend Grayer was THAT good a 3-point shooter, he shot 38% from three one year...

And would he even get that shot off as much if bigger fours weren't guarding him? Could he do it as a starting 2/3?

I mean 36% at TCU from three is certainly not bad, though.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I don't get why this is confusing you. A 2 guard that is 6 foot 5 and a deadly shooter has never been successfully recruited AND utilized at George Mason University during Paulsen's tenure. Paulsen recruited a 2-3 (Jaire) and turned him into a tiny 3-4 and that is the closest we have been to accomplishing it. How in any part of the above you could disagree with really confuses me. Jollay didn't say anything false in any of his statements but you choose to disagree.. it is confusing Jim. Jaire was also listed as a 2 in every recruiting site I have checked other than the one in your head

I know you like to make stuff up to support your arguments, but Jollay’s original post claimed Paulsen “has failed to recruit anyone like Bertrand yet.” It said nothing about how Grayer was utilized.

It also ignores the fact that Paulsen also signed Boyd, who is a whole one inch shorter than Bertrand and was shooting over 40% from 3 before he screwed up his wrist.

Not sure what you are so confused about.

I know you like to make stuff up to support your arguments, but Jollay’s original post claimed Paulsen “has failed to recruit anyone like Bertrand yet.” It said nothing about how Grayer was utilized.

It also ignores the fact that Paulsen also signed Boyd, who is a whole one inch shorter than Bertrand and was shooting over 40% from 3 before he screwed up his wrist.

Not sure what you are so confused about.

Come on, Boyd is a career 30% three guy.

Dude you were yourself psyched about JDS exactly because we've clearly needed anyone who can shoot for what seems like forever now.

You can never have enough shooting, we just simply haven't had enough of it under Paulsen.

Hopeful Kolek helps change that.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Come on, Boyd is a career 30% three guy.

Dude you were yourself psyched about JDS exactly because we've clearly needed anyone who can shoot for what seems like forever now.

You can never have enough shooting, we just simply haven't had enough of it under Paulsen.

Hopeful Kolek helps change that.

Nobody is arguing that we’ve had enough 3-point shooting. We clearly haven’t. Guess I’m just missing the boat on Allen Effing Bertrand as the second coming of JJ Redick.

You could honestly claim I guess we've recruited a decent amount of shooting, though a little undersized, its just been hindered by having very little inside offense to open it up.

Honestly, would Lamar Butler have averaged 39% without Lewis/Thomas? Especially in the A-10? Probably no way...

Last edited: