Announcements/Support/Help!!

Quentin Daniels

Hall of Famer
I REALLY appreciate your help, but the email never came through. And yes, it is the correct email. Sigh.

It sounds like your email reception port might be clogged. It happens sometimes w/dust & bugs getting inside it. Best thing to do is place your computer in the washing machine on a gentle cycle with the water temperature set to Cold or Cool.

Let it air dry, don't put it in the dryer, and should be good as new in 2-4 hours after it's had a chance to reset.

OP
HoopsAdmin

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Re: the emails

For some reason, Gmail and other big cloud email providers don't like the emails generated from masonhoops.com. They get stuck in spam filters and whatnot. I will look into routing our emails through a mail service so that they don't as easily lost.

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
It sounds like your email reception port might be clogged. It happens sometimes w/dust & bugs getting inside it. Best thing to do is place your computer in the washing machine on a gentle cycle with the water temperature set to Cold or Cool.

Let it air dry, don't put it in the dryer, and should be good as new in 2-4 hours after it's had a chance to reset.
While your the port is in the washer, go grab the box of curveballs, and the batters box key out of the garage. It’s almost baseball season.

OP
HoopsAdmin

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all...
We're gearing up for our OOC Pickem Contest. Does anyone have anything they would like to donate as a prize? Thinking either personal memorabilia or something donated from a business? Just thought I'd put this out there, just in case!

Patriot8

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Hey all...
We're gearing up for our OOC Pickem Contest. Does anyone have anything they would like to donate as a prize? Thinking either personal memorabilia or something donated from a business? Just thought I'd put this out there, just in case!
Rick Barnes autographed basketball... only if Sleeper wins though.

OP
HoopsAdmin

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I have one invite available for Bluesky - the possible next alternative to Twitter, if anyone is interested, first DM gets it.

OP
HoopsAdmin

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
@GMU79 @mkaufman1

Re: Sarcasm font. I'll work on this a little to try to add a button that does it. But in the meantime, if you wrap your sarcastic text like this:

Code:
[s]testing testing[/s]

It will look like this: testing testing

OP
HoopsAdmin

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Screenshot 2023-11-03 at 1.02.47 PM.png

Ok, added to the editor's tool bar. Highlight the text, then click the winky sarcasm button.

Jack Strop

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Why don't we have a green and a gold heart to insert in posts? Can we get them as an option in the emoji menu?

OP
HoopsAdmin

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Why don't we have a green and a gold heart to insert in posts? Can we get them as an option in the emoji menu?
I'll take a look, but I think we're limited on the number of emoticon reactions I can add. I might consider swapping out the :love:, because none of us really use it that much, and it would be similar in use to any hearts.