Announcements/Support/Help!!

Pikapppatri8

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
My account was broken for a month plus - but now it works - thanks for fixing it.

By George.

Starter
Today, I posted in objection to mkaufman1 deleting posts and the irony of it and have come to find out that my post has been deleted. My post was not in poor taste, I did not curse or insult anyone. In fact it was in defense of other board members.

Is this where Mason Hoops is headed? Someone has the authority to delete posts they don’t like and control narratives? Jim really can’t call someone a bottom feeder? I can’t call out trolling that has happened on this site?

What is the protocol here going forward? With the amount that we’ve been trolled...on this site, on social media and even in person, we’d respect an answer. We were told to take our issue (didn’t even really have an issue until our post was deleted) up with Chris but believe this to be a board wide discussion.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
Today, I posted in objection to mkaufman1 deleting posts and the irony of it and have come to find out that my post has been deleted. My post was not in poor taste, I did not curse or insult anyone. In fact it was in defense of other board members.

Is this where Mason Hoops is headed? Someone has the authority to delete posts they don’t like and control narratives? Jim really can’t call someone a bottom feeder? I can’t call out trolling that has happened on this site?

What is the protocol here going forward? With the amount that we’ve been trolled...on this site, on social media and even in person, we’d respect an answer. We were told to take our issue (didn’t even really have an issue until our post was deleted) up with Chris but believe this to be a board wide discussion.

Actually, I told Jim to delete his post because he called DJ3 a turd. I’d like to handle any conflict or issue that anyone has with me, privately. Just how I am.

Look, if people don’t think I’m going to be a good mod, I’d be happy to hand it off to someone else. I hang out here enough that I thought I could help.

Last edited:

Mason32

Starter

You guys need to grow some thicker skin, geez. Boohoo for you

OP
HoopsAdmin

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I’ll review the posts in question and provide any guidance to mods, if needed. Happy to talk with you directly about this as well, but an open conversation here is good too.

Frankly, there are those here who are chasing more moderate fans away, just because they have a different opinion. I feel strongly that this is a place for all fans - and no one should be shouted down. I know mkaufman1 feels the same. Our overall goal is to tone down the toxic name calling and trolling. This is our protocol.

mkaufman1

Administrator
Staff member
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GIVING DAY 2023
I’ll review the posts in question and provide any guidance to mods, if needed. Happy to talk with you directly about this as well, but an open conversation here is good too.

Frankly, there are those here who are chasing more moderate fans away, just because they have a different opinion. I feel strongly that this is a place for all fans - and no one should be shouted down. I know mkaufman1 feels the same. Our overall goal is to tone down the toxic name calling and trolling. This is our protocol.

Thanks Chris. I definitely feel the same way. I’m not looking to silence opinions by any stretch because that’s what makes our community great. But I feel we need to unite and converse not name call. If anyone has specific issues with me, needs me to apologize for something previously or anything of the like, please feel free to contact me directly or see me at Homecoming as I will be at Brion’s and the Gold Room.

By George.

Starter

Guidelines are needed. The irony here is glaring. Would love our deleted post reviewed. The same few people fight, troll or hurl insults, are they going to be banned/suspended for doing so? Censorship is a dangerous road on a message board forum like this. Is GMUJim really scaring moderate fans away or is our entire base simply dwindling before our eyes?

Sure, call us soft, but we’re not the ones in search of a safe space.

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I too find it very ironic. I mean, I'm against the name calling as much as anyone, but I've watched the poster in question go on twitter for years and take shots at the boards or people on the boards with other anti-message board people... very interesting indeed.

OP
HoopsAdmin

HoopsAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
I was just alerted to this by another user a few minutes before your post. I'm reviewing moderator permissions to ensure it can't happen again.

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I was just alerted to this by another user a few minutes before your post. I'm reviewing moderator permissions to ensure it can't happen again.
appreciate it. if you can delete the signature as well since it isn't found under my profile.

psyclone

Hall of Famer
For some reason, the "Game 1" thread isn't showing up when I go the the Mens' Basketball page. Yet all the new additions to other threads do appear. What's happening?

sleeperpick

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
For some reason, the "Game 1" thread isn't showing up when I go the the Mens' Basketball page. Yet all the new additions to other threads do appear. What's happening?
Have you blocked the creator of the thread? Grandma Herndon has me blocked and the threads don’t come up so he constantly repeats his hot takes that have already been said 4 days earlier

psyclone

Hall of Famer
Have you blocked the creator of the thread? Grandma Herndon has me blocked and the threads don’t come up so he constantly repeats his hot takes that have already been said 4 days earlier

Thanks. So if I unblock that person the thread will appear? Or will it only prevent similarly created threads from being blocked in the future?