News Tracking Official Adidas / Other Gear

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Just throwing this out there:

The msrp on the new uni’s are $90 and the shorts are $95.

I can’t really do the jerseys because my rep can’t do custom fonts like Mason has - everything else would be the same but with the different font it just wouldn’t look right.

They can do the shorts pretty easily since they are just green/gold/white and there are no logos or fonts specific to Mason. My price would be about $65. If people are interested, we would need 12+ orders.

The Great PATSby

Starter
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Just throwing this out there:

The msrp on the new uni’s are $90 and the shorts are $95.

I can’t really do the jerseys because my rep can’t do custom fonts like Mason has - everything else would be the same but with the different font it just wouldn’t look right.

They can do the shorts pretty easily since they are just green/gold/white and there are no logos or fonts specific to Mason. My price would be about $65. If people are interested, we would need 12+ orders.

I'd be more interested in the Jersey. The font doesn't need to be exact. A basic bold block font and I probably wouldn't be able to tell a difference without having the two side by side.

Last edited:

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
I’m not a huge fan of black jerseys in general, but if you’re going to do them, do them just like these:

1) they are still very easy to read with the white outline on the names/numbers. Some black jerseys can be tough to read.

2) no yellow is actually kind of nice because they don’t look anything like vcu.

As long as the players like them, I’m good. I also liked how every player wore black shoes.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
I’m not a huge fan of black jerseys in general, but if you’re going to do them, do them just like these:

1) they are still very easy to read with the white outline on the names/numbers. Some black jerseys can be tough to read.

2) no yellow is actually kind of nice because they don’t look anything like vcu.

As long as the players like them, I’m good. I also liked how every player wore black shoes.
Also not a fan of black but I think if you're only doing it for one game a year, these looked cool. Would really like to see a gold uni, but you can really f**k up gold if not done right.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
When did Edwards become VP? And is it normal be both VP and AD?

“George Mason Athletics and adidas have renewed their strategic partnership with a five-year extension, as announced by Assistant VP and Director of Athletics Brad Edwards.”

Last edited:

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
When did Edwards become VP? And is it normal be both VP and VP?

“George Mason Athletics and adidas have renewed their strategic partnership with a five-year extension, as announced by Assistant VP and Director of Athletics Brad Edwards.”
AD and VP for Athletics are usually interchangeable terms for the same position. Not sure why they referred to him as both in one sentence, that's redundant.

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
AD and VP for Athletics are usually interchangeable terms for the same position. Not sure why they referred to him as both in one sentence, that's redundant.

Thanks for the clarification. I took that paragraph to mean he is the AD and an Assistant VP to the whole University.

C

Cedric Dempsey

Spectator
A title in lieu of a salary at many institutions.

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Thanks for the clarification. I took that paragraph to mean he is the AD and an Assistant VP to the whole University.
I don’t think Mason has a VP for the whole school. There’s a VP for finance, athletics, facilities, etc...

Falco

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
I don’t think Mason has a VP for the whole school. There’s a VP for finance, athletics, facilities, etc...
Here is a list of University’s leadership. BE is listed as Assistant VP, Director of Intercollegiate Athletics.

As Dempsey said, it sounds like a title in lieu of salary. Others don’t have the Assistant designation, and others are Senior Vp.

https://www2.gmu.edu/about-mason/university-leadership

dr. gunnie

Administrator
Staff member
Forgot to post earlier, but a few weeks ago at the bookstore they had some Adidas baseball jerseys available along with Adidas baseball hats. They are not available online.

upload_2019-12-17_11-54-13.png

MasonSAE4

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
Forgot to post earlier, but a few weeks ago at the bookstore they had some Adidas baseball jerseys available along with Adidas baseball hats. They are not available online.

View attachment 817
They had a Vineyard Vines Mason basketball t-shirt for sale at EBA a few weeks back at the apparel stall on the concourse that I hadn't seen online. Decided to get one because Mason doesn't often have deals with brands that do collegiate lines (VV, Southern Tide, etc) and when she went to ring me up told me it would be $50. Now I understand why we don't have those deals.