A10 media day

Five Two

All-American
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
To be fair, Amtrak is the only way to travel to NYC from DC. But you are correct, we are worlds apart.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
I always fly when I go to NYC on business, but that's more about getting airline miles rather than convenience. All things being equal, the train is much less stressful, plus you arrive in the city rather than having to sit in a cab for up to an hour if you land at JFK or LaGuardia.

gmutom

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
GIVING DAY 2023
Brad Edwards ‏@BradEdwards5 46m46 minutes ago
Excited for my first @atlantic10 Mens Basketball Media Day in NYC today..Also, good discussions yesterday among the AD's... @MasonAthletics

I'm not sure how Edwards can be really excited about today when all he is going to hear is how horrible we were last year and how we will most likely be even worse this season. The million dollar question is the name of the coach who will be accompanying him a year from now at the A10 Media Day.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
Brad Edwards ‏@BradEdwards5 46m46 minutes ago
Excited for my first @atlantic10 Mens Basketball Media Day in NYC today..Also, good discussions yesterday among the AD's... @MasonAthletics

I'm not sure how Edwards can be really excited about today when all he is going to hear is how horrible we were last year and how we will most likely be even worse this season. The million dollar question is the name of the coach who will be accompanying him a year from now at the A10 Media Day.

He's excited because he knows this is the last time he'll be going to Media Day with Hewitt, and that come March he'll be free to go hire his own guy.

Just one more year of suffering (hopefully)......

Pablo

Hall of Famer
According to Hewitt, the Patriots should rebound and defend well this season. He's concerned about scoring and turnovers. He expects Copes to have a good season after 2 consecutive sub-par seasons.

Scoring load: Holloway & Royal

Jalen Jenkins: Needs to continue to improve his outside shot & decision-making. He's already a good rebounder & passer.

wijg

Starter
According to Hewitt, the Patriots should rebound and defend well this season. He's concerned about scoring and turnovers. He expects Copes to have a good season after 2 consecutive sub-par seasons.
Since most things he has been quoted on about the performance of the team have been dead wrong, here would be me predictions:

We will defend and rebound poorly.
Scoring and turnovers will be improved.
Copes will remain the Copes we have come to know the last two years.

Honestly, though, I don't think the scoring and turnovers will be improved either.

Walter

Hall of Famer
⭐️ Donor ⭐️
GOLD SPONSOR
"I think the kid I'm hoping I'm right and everyone else is wrong on is Julian Royal."

This concerns me. Should I trust "everyone else" or Hewitt? I never expected Royal to be the scorer Hewitt has been claiming, but is it possible he will end up being the second coming of Okoloji? Hope I am wrong.

gmujim92

Hall of Famer
GIVING DAY 2023
"I think the kid I'm hoping I'm right and everyone else is wrong on is Julian Royal."

This concerns me. Should I trust "everyone else" or Hewitt? I never expected Royal to be the scorer Hewitt has been claiming, but is it possible he will end up being the second coming of Okoloji? Hope I am wrong.

The only thing that gives me hope is that Royal was very highly regarded coming out of high school, and that he got caught up in an awkward situation at GT with the coaching change. Not like he's really had a fair shot to show what he can do in college.

I think overall Hewitt has a very good eye for talent, hence his ability to sign so many guys who have gone on to play in the NBA.

But I've also given many thoughts to the fact that perhaps our coach just has a blind spot for some guys, and that Royal isn't nearly as good as Hewitt thinks he is.

I guess we'll see.